Re: [aprsisce] Request

    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 22, 2013
      You mean when they send a ? to QRU, right?

      On 4/22/2013 8:31 PM, Steve Daniels wrote:

      Lynn

      When you get back to coding, can you do something about a ? responding with all the QRU groups. It happens when someone just send a ? as a query, as in I don’t understand sort of thing.

      Some people seem to be slow on picking up the fact, ho hum

      Steve Daniels

      Amateur Radio Callsign G6UIM

      Torbay Freecycle  Owner

      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 23, 2013

        No when they send ? as the only thing and to me, not QRU,  the response is to send all the QRU groups

        Message 3 of 15 , Apr 23, 2013
          hi folks,

          sending a question mark to a specific callsign asks what kind of requests the software in use can give an answer to.

          if among all items given by the software i.e. ?VER ?APRSS etc. the ham operator has created a QRU database this is mentioned as well but it is not an exclusive response to that.

          that is why INFO send to QRU exists. but then again all QRU holders are mentioned and you have to pick the callsign you are interested in. (range is a factor! so you don't get the whole picture of a database of i.e. G6UIM).

          for this ?APRSO had given the answer in former times. unfortunately that forced all objects to be transmitted instantly. it did that with all i.e. 300 QRU-objects at mine(DF8LS-10). i think Lynn has programmed it to an answer to ?APRSO only responding on the "normal" objects.

          that is my input to the REQUEST subject.

          73
          Helge, DF8LS
          Message 4 of 15 , Apr 23, 2013

            Hi Helge (Jerry)

            Lynn fixed the ?APRSO after I sank the UK under my objects.

            Perhaps ?QRU to get a list of groups, currently just sending a ? does that. In the UK ? gets used a lot for sorry I don’t understand/please explain

            Steve (Tom) Daniels