Xastir mobile not seen on aprsis32

  • warpedspeed
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 20 11:32 AM
      Lynn, the BikeMS event is this weekend and my mobile Xastir is not showing up on any of the Windows PCs that are running aprsis32. I am being_digipeated andI-Gated fine. Other APRS clients see me fine.

      I have a slightly older build of Xastir on my home Wx station and aprsis32 sees it fine. I have tried altering my tactical call sign to see if that makes a difference, but no luck.

      This also happened last month on the Tour De Cure. I thought that it was just an anomaly last month, but now it appears that there is an issue.

      My tactical call this weekend is Green-1.

      Thanks

      Dean KD4TWJ
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 20 11:47 AM
        Well bust my parser! It fails the following packet with the quoted error:

        GREEN-1>APX205,WC4PEM-14*,WIDE1*,KG4EOC-2*,WIDE2-1,qAR,KK4JDO:@201334/2821.68N/08129.99Wv091/013/A=000126/KD4TWJ
        BikeMS Support

        > Failure: Invalid Date

        201334/ I was going to tell you that the spec says the / should be a z
        (zulu day/hours/minutes) or h (hours/minutes/seconds), but on
        re-checking it, apparently z is ZULU day/hours/minutes and / (slash) is
        LOCAL day/hours/minutes. Now, riddle me this Batman, just how do you
        expect a global APRS-IS client to know how to convert a station's LOCAL
        time to UTC and back to the OBSERVER's local time?

        Any hints on just how I should interpret and display the / time?

        On 4/20/2013 2:32 PM, warpedspeed wrote:
        > Lynn, the BikeMS event is this weekend and my mobile Xastir is not showing up on any of the Windows PCs that are running aprsis32. I am being_digipeated andI-Gated fine. Other APRS clients see me fine.
        >
        > I have a slightly older build of Xastir on my home Wx station and aprsis32 sees it fine. I have tried altering my tactical call sign to see if that makes a difference, but no luck.
        >
        > This also happened last month on the Tour De Cure. I thought that it was just an anomaly last month, but now it appears that there is an issue.
        >
        > My tactical call this weekend is Green-1.
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Dean KD4TWJ

      • Rob Giuliano
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 20 12:27 PM
          SWAG from the Longitude:  offset = (Long - 7.5) / 15

          Oh wait, we both live in the eastern time zone of the US -> thats will never work!

          Robert Giuliano
          KB8RCO

          Well bust my parser! It fails the following packet with the quoted error:

          GREEN-1>APX205,WC4PEM-14*,WIDE1*,KG4EOC-2*,WIDE2-1,qAR,KK4JDO:@201334/2821.68N/08129.99Wv091/013/A=000126/KD4TWJ
          BikeMS Support

          > Failure: Invalid Date

          201334/ I was going to tell you that the spec says the / should be a z
          (zulu day/hours/minutes) or h (hours/minutes/seconds), but on
          re-checking it, apparently z is ZULU day/hours/minutes and / (slash) is
          LOCAL day/hours/minutes. Now, riddle me this Batman, just how do you
          expect a global APRS-IS client to know how to convert a station's LOCAL
          time to UTC and back to the OBSERVER's local time?

          Any hints on just how I should interpret and display the / time?

          On 4/20/2013 2:32 PM, warpedspeed wrote:
          > Lynn, the BikeMS event is this weekend and my mobile Xastir is not showing up on any of the Windows PCs that are running aprsis32. I am being_digipeated andI-Gated fine. Other APRS clients see me fine.
          >
          > I have a slightly older build of Xastir on my home Wx station and aprsis32 sees it fine. I have tried altering my tactical call sign to see if that makes a difference, but no luck.
          >
          > This also happened last month on the Tour De Cure. I thought that it was just an anomaly last month, but now it appears that there is an issue.
          >
          > My tactical call this weekend is Green-1.
          >
          > Thanks
          >
          > Dean KD4TWJ

        • warpedspeed
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 20 12:59 PM
            I guess that my first attempt at a reply failed.

            Lynn, I changed my config to Zulu and it appears to be working now. It seems that we have a workaround.