Re: [aprsisce] Re: APRS.FI not showing my location???

    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 19 12:54 AM
      Can we roll this thread back to the beginning? Bruce, please describe
      your station:

      1) Do you have an APRS-IS connection? Does it say "APRS-IS OK" in the
      upper left status pane?

      2) Do you have an RF port configured? If so, what type? Is it both
      receiving (* stations in the scroller) and transmitting (transmitter
      keys up when you hit the Transmit menu option)?

      3) What is your Configure / General / Path specification?

      4) What is it that you expect to see that you're not seeing?

      5) What is it that you don't expect to see that you are seeing?

      6) What parts of your station are working as you expect them to?

      On 4/19/2013 1:04 AM, James Ewen wrote:
      > On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 4:30 PM, bruce_zip <af8f@...> wrote:
      >
      >> Yes I am hitting iGates, but they do not go out to the internet.
      > How are you sure that you are hitting the i-gates? Are you in contact
      > with these i-gate operators, and they have physically inspected their
      > RX logs and have confirmed that your packets are being received and
      > decoded?
      >
      > That's the only way I know of verifying that the i-gates are getting
      > the packets if they aren't passing the packets to the APRS-IS.

    • bruce_zip
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 19 3:51 PM
        Sorry guys. My bad.

        Apparently the audio wire from my TNC to the radio broke. I should stop using solid ethernet wire and instead use stranded.

        So my radio was in fact transmitting but with no packets.

        And I misinterpreted the lines between stations in APRSIS32 to mean my transmitted signal and digipeats, when they are in fact received signals.

        Thank all of you for trying. Please accept my apology.

        73

        > Can we roll this thread back to the beginning? Bruce, please describe
        > your station:
        >
        > 1) Do you have an APRS-IS connection? Does it say "APRS-IS OK" in the
        > upper left status pane?
        >
        > 2) Do you have an RF port configured? If so, what type? Is it both
        > receiving (* stations in the scroller) and transmitting (transmitter
        > keys up when you hit the Transmit menu option)?
        >
        > 3) What is your Configure / General / Path specification?
        >
        > 4) What is it that you expect to see that you're not seeing?
        >
        > 5) What is it that you don't expect to see that you are seeing?
        >
        > 6) What parts of your station are working as you expect them to?

        > On 4/19/2013 1:04 AM, James Ewen wrote:
        > > On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 4:30 PM, bruce_zip <af8f@...> wrote:
        > >
        > >> Yes I am hitting iGates, but they do not go out to the internet.
        > > How are you sure that you are hitting the i-gates? Are you in contact
        > > with these i-gate operators, and they have physically inspected their
        > > RX logs and have confirmed that your packets are being received and
        > > decoded?
        > >
        > > That's the only way I know of verifying that the i-gates are getting
        > > the packets if they aren't passing the packets to the APRS-IS.

      • Broncus
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 19 4:47 PM
          No problem! That has happened to probably everyone at one time or another.

          Apparently the audio wire from my TNC to the radio broke. I should stop using solid ethernet wire and instead use stranded.

          So my radio was in fact transmitting but with no packets.

          And I misinterpreted the lines between stations in APRSIS32 to mean my transmitted signal and digipeats, when they are in fact received signals.

          Thank all of you for trying. Please accept my apology.

          73

          > Can we roll this thread back to the beginning? Bruce, please describe
          > your station:
          >
          > 1) Do you have an APRS-IS connection? Does it say "APRS-IS OK" in the
          > upper left status pane?
          >
          > 2) Do you have an RF port configured? If so, what type? Is it both
          > receiving (* stations in the scroller) and transmitting (transmitter
          > keys up when you hit the Transmit menu option)?
          >
          > 3) What is your Configure / General / Path specification?
          >
          > 4) What is it that you expect to see that you're not seeing?
          >
          > 5) What is it that you don't expect to see that you are seeing?
          >
          > 6) What parts of your station are working as you expect them to?

          > On 4/19/2013 1:04 AM, James Ewen wrote:
          > > On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 4:30 PM, bruce_zip <af8f@...> wrote:
          > >
          > >> Yes I am hitting iGates, but they do not go out to the internet.
          > > How are you sure that you are hitting the i-gates? Are you in contact
          > > with these i-gate operators, and they have physically inspected their
          > > RX logs and have confirmed that your packets are being received and
          > > decoded?
          > >
          > > That's the only way I know of verifying that the i-gates are getting
          > > the packets if they aren't passing the packets to the APRS-IS.

        • Tony VE6MVP
          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 20 12:28 AM
            At 04:51 PM 2013-04-19, bruce_zip wrote:

            No need at all to apologize.  We helped steer you in the right direction so we'll take some credit.  <smile>

            And I can see how the lines could be confusing until you understand all the details on how the screens work and the scrollers.

            Tony