Sending ?VER or ?APRSH etc and no reply.

  • jandgandjochem
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 14, 2013
      I was visiting a friend of mine yesterday and he also runs APRSIS32.

      We noticed that when sending a message to his callsign-1 (his APRSIS32 call sign) like ?VER or ?APRSH or any of the others that there was no reply from his setup.

      Doing the same and sending the message (or should I say request) to my APRSIS32 gives the expected reply.

      Question: Why is his setup not responding to ?VER etc.

      We both run the same development version being the latest as verified by clicking "about".

      All help appreciated,

      Gerard
      VK2JNG
    • Greg Depew
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 14, 2013
        Is messages checked in your port config?KB3KBR Greg Sent from my Droid Charge on Verizon 4G LTE

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 14, 2013
          Will check that out.

          Thanks
          Gerard VK2JNG

          --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "Greg Depew " <goatherder_4891@...> wrote:

          > Is messages checked in your port config? KB3KBR Greg Sent from my Droid Charge on Verizon 4G LTE

        • jandgandjochem
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 14, 2013
            Checked it out and the message box was ticked. However in the process we found that no message is send at all via RF but via IS all is ok.

            Tried RF only send and still no go.

            Looks like he has a TNC to Transceiver issue.
            Will try using D72 he has to see if that will transmit and I think it will.

            Looking at it this afternoon and will report back findings.

            Gerard VK2JNG