Re: Frequency Monitor

  • ltdoc
    Message 1 of 31 , Apr 13, 2013
      First, this is RF only, no internet connection.
      What concerns me is that there can be several dozen stations 'heard', then at a later time, none but the ones within a mile or so of my station, averaging much less distance than that, but call it a mile anyway. That just does not make much sense to me. Of course propagation has some affect, but from experience there ought to be several stations heard even in the worst of conditions. It seems like the difference between using an antenna and not using one. And while I can certainly understand one antenna having 'problems' of some kind that reduce it's effectiveness, I can't see three of them doing the same thing.
      The local repeater isn't the only one that can normally be heard from my station. There are several within 'normal' range, and they are not showing up either (I can think of four off hand). I don't think all four of them are 'off' at the same time.
      I'm using the same basic set up that I've used for the last two or three years. The only change has been in the receiver used for the RF, and that change was only made in the last two days since the 'problem' started. I've tried three different radios since then, a '710, a '281, and a '71A all Kenwood. I can not believe that all three have the same problem hearing anything. Also three different antennas all having more than 3 dBd gain.
      So what else can be causing this, or at least contributing to not hearing things?
      - 'Doc
    • Thomas Hole
      Message 31 of 31 , Jan 29, 2014
        Thanks Fred. That’s exactly what I’m locking for.

        On Jan 29, 2014, at 11:34 AM, Fred Hillhouse Jr <fmhillhouse@...> wrote:

        http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/en-freqmon

        Best regards,

        Fred N7FMH

        PS In the upper right corner you can “search this site”. That is how I found the page. J