Dire Wolf

    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 13, 2013

      I just noticed that John WB2OSZ has version 0.7 of Dire Wolf available for download.

      The new version includes the ability to decode DTMF the idea is that this will enable APRSIS32 (or anything else) to be able to decode APRStt, obviously useful for people with only a DTMF capable radio, to send info to the APRS system.

      Just need to threaten Lynn to do some coding removal of Marta’s Ice Cream privileges when they visit the UK might work J

      Steve Daniels

      Amateur Radio Callsign G6UIM

      Torbay Freecycle  Owner

      Message 2 of 7 , May 15, 2013
        Greetings,

        I know some of you are using Dire Wolf. Are any of you using it for 9600?

        Thanks!

        ------------------------------------
        Fred Hillhouse Jr
        http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?N7FMH
        ------------------------------------
        Message 3 of 7 , May 15, 2013

          Not tried it for 9600 guess you need a decent soundcard attached to the discriminator in the radio for that.

          By the way there is a bug for 300 baud, have reported it

          Message 4 of 7 , May 15, 2013
            Yeah, the discriminator is the place to connect. There are several radios with a MiniDIN port for doing just that.

            I remember reading about using a D7 as a SatGate. If I remember correctly, it received at 9600 baud. I thought it might be interesting to try that but with the Raspberry Pi.

            I have been working towards getting my second Raspberry Pi and Dire Wolf running together with a generic USB soundcard. I was out of town from Thursday until Monday so I had to put the project down. I'll pick it up again in the next couple of days. I think I solved the problem last Tuesday of not being able to connect to the USB sound card. I'll find out soon enough and with any luck I'll be able to hear a test tones in earphones.

            The APRStt feature looks pretty cool. I hope to check it out as well.

            I had not even thought about 300 baud. What are you doing with that?

            Message 5 of 7 , May 15, 2013

              300 baud is used for HF APRS like NET14, I am experimenting with PSK63 for that now. AS straight APRS is not great on HF.

              Mind balloons here use 50 baud RTTY seems to me they would benefit from PSK as well.

              That said APRS in general could do with some form of FEC.

              Steve Daniels

              Amateur Radio Callsign G6UIM

              Torbay Freecycle  Owner

              Not tried it for 9600 guess you need a decent soundcard attached to the discriminator in the radio for that.

              By the way there is a bug for 300 baud, have reported it

              Steve Daniels

              Amateur Radio Callsign G6UIM

              Torbay Freecycle  Owner

              size=2 width="100%" align=center tabIndex=-1>

              Message 6 of 7 , May 16, 2013
                " ... with any luck I'll be able to hear a test tones in earphones."

                Is there a method to generate test tones? I can do it with the KPC and OT2/3
                for setting the radio deviation but I am not seeing how to do this in Dire
                Wolf.

                Thanks!

                Message 7 of 7 , May 16, 2013
                  " ... with any luck I'll be able to hear a test tones in earphones."

                  Is there a method to generate test tones? I can do it with the KPC
                  and OT2/3
                  for setting the radio deviation but I am not seeing how to do this
                  in Dire
                  Wolf.

                  Found it! -x is a command line option.

                  Thanks!