Re: [aprsisce] Re: Problem

  • Rob Giuliano
    Message 1 of 24 , Apr 10, 2013
      It appears you are using a sound card TNC.  Can you monitor that directly?
         AGW has an App called AGWMonitor.   UZ7HO and others tend to have that built in.

      Is the soundcard modem decoding the signals, but they aren't getting to APRSIS32?

      Robert Giuliano
      KB8RCO

      Message 2 of 24 , Apr 10, 2013
        If it's not showing up on ARPSIS32 and also not showing up on UI-View,
        then it must be in the tuning of the sound card receiver or just a
        dramatic lack of signals. That's why I asked about the digipeater health.

        Have you listened to 144.390 and watched the SoundCard modem? Which
        soundcard modem are you using?

        Message 3 of 24 , Apr 10, 2013
          I'm talking about #27 in
          http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/doc:screen-elements. The actual location of
          the pane depends on your screen orientation as well as whether or not
          there's a GPS active.

          On 4/10/2013 9:08 AM, ltdoc wrote:

          > Another 'PS'
          >
          > That 'APRS-down' is in the center of the screen, not the right corner. Does that mean anything? Same for the 'name-of-the-port is Okay' thingy.
          >
          > gonna run out of booze pretty soon... already out of aspirin.

        • ltdoc
          Message 4 of 24 , Apr 10, 2013
            Lynn and all,
            I hate to say it but I've found my 'problem'. I have three separate antenna systems for VHF (2 meters) and have found that the one used for receiving APRS is bad. Always something 'simple' that just -couldn't- be a problem, isn't it? Think I'll go drowned my self in booze...
            Thanks for the efforts and sorry for the inconveniences.
            - 'Doc
            Message 5 of 24 , Apr 10, 2013
              If you have ran out of aspirin, forego the booze!