RE: [aprsisce] Digest Number 1648

  • Jeff KB2M
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 8, 2013
      That answers my questions. Thanks guys....

      73 Jeff kb2m

      I'm looking for a way to extend the time before a beacon message fades off
      my screen. I can't find a parameter in the XML file, or anywhere in the on
      screen configuration menus. I'm seeing most station's fade off my view after
      about two hours. I noticed one this morning that I, last night, had selected
      to follow and it stayed on screen till I selected another station to follow.
      It then disappeared from my view as it didn't beacon in over 12 hours.
      I would like to have a way to preset a small amount (or all) stations to
      remain on screen for a pre-determined amount of time. I'm sure there is some
      way to do this, but I haven't found it in the documentation yet...

      73 Jeff kb2m

      Posted by: "James Ewen" ve6srv@... ve6srv
      Date: Sun Apr 7, 2013 7:52 am ((PDT))

      On Sun, Apr 7, 2013 at 8:20 AM, Jeff Griffin <kb2m@...> wrote:
      > I'm looking for a way to extend the time before a beacon message fades
      > off my screen. I can't find a parameter in the XML file, or anywhere
      > in the on screen configuration menus. I'm seeing most station's fade
      > off my view after about two hours. I noticed one this morning that I,
      > last night, had selected to follow and it stayed on screen till I selected
      another station to follow.
      > It then disappeared from my view as it didn't beacon in over 12 hours.
      > I would like to have a way to preset a small amount (or all) stations
      > to remain on screen for a pre-determined amount of time. I'm sure
      > there is some way to do this, but I haven't found it in the documentation
      yet...

      In the XML file:

      <Stations.MaxAge>120</Stations.MaxAge>

      Affects the time that all stations fade out.

      <Stations.MaxAge.Buddy>0</Stations.MaxAge.Buddy>

      Affects the time that stations in your buddy list fade out.

      Posted by: "Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)" kj4erj@... ldeffenb
      Date: Sun Apr 7, 2013 11:32 am ((PDT))

      If you double-click the thin vertical strip just to the right of the
      map, it'll show you the current station count and ages in effect. The
      number in () is the Buddy age limit where 0 is unlimited.

      A buddy is anything that you have in your Configure / General / Add
      Filter in a b/ term as well as any/all stations that you are currently
      tracking (via the automatic filter augmentation) which is why your one
      station didn't disappear until you quit following it.