Re: [aprsisce] beacon posi duration before fade

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 7, 2013
      On Sun, Apr 7, 2013 at 8:20 AM, Jeff Griffin <kb2m@...> wrote:
      > I'm looking for a way to extend the time before a beacon message fades off
      > my screen. I can't find a parameter in the XML file, or anywhere in the on
      > screen configuration menus. I'm seeing most station's fade off my view after
      > about two hours. I noticed one this morning that I, last night, had selected
      > to follow and it stayed on screen till I selected another station to follow.
      > It then disappeared from my view as it didn't beacon in over 12 hours.
      > I would like to have a way to preset a small amount (or all) stations to
      > remain on screen for a pre-determined amount of time. I'm sure there is some
      > way to do this, but I haven't found it in the documentation yet...

      In the XML file:

      <Stations.MaxAge>120</Stations.MaxAge>

      Affects the time that all stations fade out.

      <Stations.MaxAge.Buddy>0</Stations.MaxAge.Buddy>

      Affects the time that stations in your buddy list fade out.

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 7, 2013
        If you double-click the thin vertical strip just to the right of the
        map, it'll show you the current station count and ages in effect. The
        number in () is the Buddy age limit where 0 is unlimited.

        A buddy is anything that you have in your Configure / General / Add
        Filter in a b/ term as well as any/all stations that you are currently
        tracking (via the automatic filter augmentation) which is why your one
        station didn't disappear until you quit following it.