beacon posi duration before fade

  • Jeff Griffin
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 7, 2013
      I'm looking for a way to extend the time before a beacon message fades off
      my screen. I can't find a parameter in the XML file, or anywhere in the on
      screen configuration menus. I'm seeing most station's fade off my view after
      about two hours. I noticed one this morning that I, last night, had selected
      to follow and it stayed on screen till I selected another station to follow.
      It then disappeared from my view as it didn't beacon in over 12 hours.
      I would like to have a way to preset a small amount (or all) stations to
      remain on screen for a pre-determined amount of time. I'm sure there is some
      way to do this, but I haven't found it in the documentation yet...

      73 Jeff kb2m
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 7, 2013
        On Sun, Apr 7, 2013 at 8:20 AM, Jeff Griffin <kb2m@...> wrote:
        > I'm looking for a way to extend the time before a beacon message fades off
        > my screen. I can't find a parameter in the XML file, or anywhere in the on
        > screen configuration menus. I'm seeing most station's fade off my view after
        > about two hours. I noticed one this morning that I, last night, had selected
        > to follow and it stayed on screen till I selected another station to follow.
        > It then disappeared from my view as it didn't beacon in over 12 hours.
        > I would like to have a way to preset a small amount (or all) stations to
        > remain on screen for a pre-determined amount of time. I'm sure there is some
        > way to do this, but I haven't found it in the documentation yet...

        In the XML file:

        <Stations.MaxAge>120</Stations.MaxAge>

        Affects the time that all stations fade out.

        <Stations.MaxAge.Buddy>0</Stations.MaxAge.Buddy>

        Affects the time that stations in your buddy list fade out.

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 7, 2013
          If you double-click the thin vertical strip just to the right of the
          map, it'll show you the current station count and ages in effect. The
          number in () is the Buddy age limit where 0 is unlimited.

          A buddy is anything that you have in your Configure / General / Add
          Filter in a b/ term as well as any/all stations that you are currently
          tracking (via the automatic filter augmentation) which is why your one
          station didn't disappear until you quit following it.