RE: [aprsisce] Re: Entering location

  • Adam Mahnke
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 3, 2013
      You have to pan and zoom to your location and hit transmit for the first time, that sets your location the first time.

      http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/doc:set-location

      Please also see the video at

      Hope that helps
      Adam
      KC2ANT

      To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com
      From: kf6kyd@...
      Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 00:54:30 +0000
      Subject: [aprsisce] Re: Entering location

      I do hate to be a pest, but I must be missing something simple here. I can't zoom, I can't set my location, and I can't exit the program because I haven't set my location. Any help is appreciated.

      --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "TW" <kf6kyd@...> wrote:

      > Is there a way to enter my exact gps location? I've looked but without success.

    • Thomas Hole

        From: kf6kyd@...
        Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 00:54:30 +0000

        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 3, 2013
          I know on a PC version you can use the up and down arrows on the keyboard, are the roller wheel, or click on the + symbol on the screen.

          I can't help you if you're running the phone version.

          Adam
          KC2ANT

          From: kf6kyd@...
          Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 00:54:30 +0000

            From: kf6kyd@...
            Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 00:54:30 +0000

            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 3, 2013
              Make sure Configure / Screen / Lat/Lon is checked and then simply pan
              (drag) the map around and zoom (+/- keys (= is the same as + so you
              don't need to shift) or up/down arrows) until the center of the screen
              is where you want to be, or the displayed lat/lon matches what you'd
              like. Then hit the Transmit menu option.

              If you can describe your platform and whether or not you have Internet
              access (you must, or you wouldn't even see the US map), we might be able
              to better know what's going worng (sic) for you.

              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 3, 2013
                Hi Lynn, thanks for getting back to me. Once I got the +/- thing figured out everything came into place. Thanks for a great application. I'm much happier with APRS-IS than I ever was with Xastir.

                I'm running this on a Macbook Air running OSX 10.8.3. I'm using Parallels 8 to run Windows 7 and everything is working fine.