Entering location

  • TW
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 3 5:38 PM
      Is there a way to enter my exact gps location? I've looked but without success.
    • TW
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 3 5:54 PM
        I do hate to be a pest, but I must be missing something simple here. I can't zoom, I can't set my location, and I can't exit the program because I haven't set my location. Any help is appreciated.

        --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "TW" <kf6kyd@...> wrote:

        > Is there a way to enter my exact gps location? I've looked but without success.

      • Adam Mahnke
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 3 6:22 PM
          You have to pan and zoom to your location and hit transmit for the first time, that sets your location the first time.

          http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/doc:set-location

          Please also see the video at

          Hope that helps
          Adam
          KC2ANT

          To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com
          From: kf6kyd@...
          Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 00:54:30 +0000
          Subject: [aprsisce] Re: Entering location

          I do hate to be a pest, but I must be missing something simple here. I can't zoom, I can't set my location, and I can't exit the program because I haven't set my location. Any help is appreciated.

          --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "TW" <kf6kyd@...> wrote:

          > Is there a way to enter my exact gps location? I've looked but without success.

        • Thomas Hole

            From: kf6kyd@...
            Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 00:54:30 +0000

            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 3 6:34 PM
              I know on a PC version you can use the up and down arrows on the keyboard, are the roller wheel, or click on the + symbol on the screen.

              I can't help you if you're running the phone version.

              Adam
              KC2ANT

              From: kf6kyd@...
              Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 00:54:30 +0000

                From: kf6kyd@...
                Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 00:54:30 +0000

                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 3 6:57 PM
                  Make sure Configure / Screen / Lat/Lon is checked and then simply pan
                  (drag) the map around and zoom (+/- keys (= is the same as + so you
                  don't need to shift) or up/down arrows) until the center of the screen
                  is where you want to be, or the displayed lat/lon matches what you'd
                  like. Then hit the Transmit menu option.

                  If you can describe your platform and whether or not you have Internet
                  access (you must, or you wouldn't even see the US map), we might be able
                  to better know what's going worng (sic) for you.

                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 3 7:12 PM
                    Hi Lynn, thanks for getting back to me. Once I got the +/- thing figured out everything came into place. Thanks for a great application. I'm much happier with APRS-IS than I ever was with Xastir.

                    I'm running this on a Macbook Air running OSX 10.8.3. I'm using Parallels 8 to run Windows 7 and everything is working fine.