Re: [aprsisce] Turn off following

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 3, 2013
      Oh, and there's way too many Mic-E stations running around transmitting "Special" all the time, which is why it simply queues a message by default.  So I guess you could say that my MultiTrack is the implementation of Bob's "Center and Zoom" action.

      That's not really enough information to be sure, but I suspect you're seeing new MultiTracks caused by options under Configure / Mic-E Notifications.  By default, if someone transmits a Mic-E status of Emergency or Priority (or Alarm, Warning, Wx Alarm, or TESTALARM) (or an emergency (\!) symbol), a MultiTrack is automatically opened.  Other Mic-E status receptions will cause a message to be queued.

      This is my implementation of Bob's EmergencyCode specification from http://aprs.org/aprs12/EmergencyCode.txt which says:

      In the original APRS, these bits were to trigger these on-receipt-

       SPECIAL  - would CENTER the map on the symbol
       PRIORITY - would CENTER and ZOOM to 8 mile local range scale
       EMERGENCY- CENTER and ZOOM and ALARM beeps until cleared by operator.

      Rather than Centering the main map, APRSISCE/32 opens a new MultiTrack for Priority and Emergency (and other similar !TEXT! tags).

      Unchecking the options that you don't want to have happen or checking "Suppress Notifications" will probably eliminate the intrusions.

      On 4/3/2013 12:30 PM, Kurt Savegnago wrote:
      Hi,

        I leave APRSIS32 on all the time and I get a myriad of pop-up screens "following station
      XXXX".  How do I turn this off?  I haven't really consciously selected following and don't
      know what switch was activated.

                                                             Kurt KC9LDH

    • Kurt Savegnago
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 3, 2013
        Thanks,

        That's probably it.  Made some changes and will see what happens.

                                                            AKS