Re: maps not showing

  • bcktmpete
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 3, 2010
      XP; Intel 82810E Graphics controller; driver v#: 6.13.1.3198

      Is in an old IBM box as that is the only XP unit I have. Not sure on the screen resolution, but I believe it is at least 1050 (20 inch CRT). Works great for the windows GIS program I use in my work.

      Will email you the screen capture & xml file separately.

      Thanks, Peter

      > Ok, what version of Windows are you running? What display
      > adapter/display driver do you have? What color depth and screen
      > resolution are you running? Can you do a screen capture and e-mail it
      > to KJ4ERJ@...? I'm at a total loss on this one. Please also
      > include a copy of your APRSIS32.xml file.

      > PS. I've attached a 100% and 50% capture of your area. Hopefully the
      > two images will come through.
      >
      > bcktmpete wrote:
      > > See below for response to your ideas/questions.
      > >
      > > Been through all the menus any number of times. Tried to work it out before I posted, but I'm at loss now.
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > >
      > > Peter
      > >
      > > --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "Lynn W. Deffenbaugh" <kj4erj@> wrote:
      > >
      > >> If you use a normal browser and go to http://OpenStreetMap.org and
      > >> drag/zoom their slippy map to your location, what do you see? It may be
      > >> that OSM has no details for your area.
      > >>

      > > Quite detailed maps show on my WM5, just not in the W32 install. Same location.
      > >
      > >> What callsign are you using and we can check this out based on your last
      > >> beaconed position as well?
      > >>

      > > VE7PPE (-9)
      > >
      > >> Also, are you zooming in for the detail? That's the up/down keys or the
      > >> +/- on the slider to the left of the screen.
      > >>

      > > Zoomed all the way out to get a world view, in to a 3 mi scale. Prefetched maps at each zoom level. Still nothing showing.
      > >

      > >> I actually suspect that the "tile outlines" you are seeing are actually
      > >> the lat/lon lines that I draw when you've got the maps set to full
      > >> transparency. (left arrow key). Crank on the right arrow key to get
      > >> the maps to go to full opacity. (BTW, the tiles are 256x256 pixels
      > >> which is rectangular if not square on your screen (Mercator Projected).
      > >> The lat/lon lines are rounded due to the spherical earth.
      > >>

      > > Nope. They show up under full opacity, but I'm going all the other way with the rt arrow key. It is faint edges that show when the contrast is high.
      > >
      > >> Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32

    • bcktmpete
      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 3, 2010
        By the way, how do I get the files to you? No luck figuring this yahoo attachments out. Email me and I reply with them.