Re: Object Question

  • chuckbland
    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 18 8:29 PM
      :-)

      That gentleman lives around the corner from me. Such a humorous stunt would mean I'd HAVE to buy-up the toilet paper inventory at my local Costco and decorate his 2 acre lot for him..... after I got over my network not working for the bike event......

      Chuck

      --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, Tony VE6MVP <tony@...> wrote:

      > At 08:30 PM 2013-03-15, chuckbland wrote:
      >
      > >All the digis have new beacons that contain the coords. They are
      > >showing-up nicely on the map and the paths are working.
      >
      > The cynic (black humour) in me is thinking that the person
      > responsible for placing the digis will completely disregard the
      > location they are supposed to be in and randomly place them. <wry smile>
      >
      > Tony

    • chuckbland
      Message 2 of 17 , Mar 24 5:38 PM
        Our testing activity yesterday was a huge success and preparation for the bike event on 4/6. This was my first major use of the APRSISCE (beyond just playing at home) and the program performed beautifully.

        I've been watching the recent thread about filtering units. I have what I think is a slightly different requirement. I want to only allow units with the call of k6arc* to be displayed. I don't want to see any of the other mobiles and digis out there. I did add a 'b' filter, but I either did it wrong or it doesn't do what I want. How do I accomplish this task?

        I would like to know how keep the digis displayed on the screen. They are sending objects, like this...

        /000000h3814.82N/12048.33W#

        Am I remembering there is a time value in these beacons that influences how long they appear? If so, that would be the zeros, which I'd bet would cause them to vanish from my display almost right away. Is that indeed so?

        I think that's enough questions for now.

        Chuck

        --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "chuckbland" <BackForty@...> wrote:

        > Update on things,
        >
        > All the digis have new beacons that contain the coords. They are showing-up nicely on the map and the paths are working.
        >
        > I'll update again after test day.
        >
        > Chuck
        >
        > --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "chuckbland" <BackForty@> wrote:
        > >
        > > For an upcoming event, we are setting-up temporary digipeaters on an alternate freq. None of the digis have GPS nor are they beaconing with a pre-programmed position.
        > >
        > > I want to mark them on my APRSIS map so that the path display will be able to use them.
        > >
        > > Do I add the digis as objects, using their callsign as the object ID, or am I using the wrong method?
        > >
        > > Chuck

      • Adam Mahnke
        Message 3 of 17 , Mar 25 2:01 PM
          The filters work for the APRSIS stream not anything from RF.

          you can use the view menu to choose specific symbols though.

          Only way I know to get only stations involved is to use a separate frequency

          Adam
          KC2ANT

          Message 4 of 17 , Mar 25 2:04 PM
            Use View / Shrieks in conjunction with Nicknames for the stations you wish to see.

            From http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/menu:view

            Shrieks (formerly SkyWarn)
            APRSISCE/32 parses any !<nonwhitespace>! from comments and groups (up to 32 of) them into a View / Shrieks submenu. This allows event coordinators to pick a suitable !EVENT! for stations to put in their beacon comment to provide easy on-screen filtering of only the stations participating in the event. The Spotter Network requires their users to put !SN! in their comment, so you can expect to see !SN! in the View / Shrieks menu if any such stations are in your range.

            !Shriek!s are also parsed from nickname comments EVEN if the nickname or comment is not enabled! This allows you to nickname your favorite stations with a !WATCHME! comment and then View / Shrieks / !WATCHME! to see ONLY those stations! You could even nickname stations as !VIEW1!, !VIEW2!, !VIEW3!, and so forth to build your own local MultiTrack views of specific stations. A single station can even have multiple !VIEWn! tags in the comment to put them on multiple views.

            If nicknames are enabled, and a station has a nickname, and that nickname overrides the comment, then ONLY the comment's Shrieks are used. The comment received from the station will be ignored completely for Shriek purposes. After these conditions are no longer met, a new packet from the station must be received to get a proper !Shriek! for the station.

            (So, why "Shriek"? Search for Shriek at Wikipedia)

            On 3/25/2013 5:01 PM, Adam Mahnke wrote:
            The filters work for the APRSIS stream not anything from RF.

            you can use the view menu to choose specific symbols though.

            Only way I know to get only stations involved is to use a separate frequency

            Adam
            KC2ANT

            Our testing activity yesterday was a huge success and preparation for the bike event on 4/6. This was my first major use of the APRSISCE (beyond just playing at home) and the program performed beautifully.

            I've been watching the recent thread about filtering units. I have what I think is a slightly different requirement. I want to only allow units with the call of k6arc* to be displayed. I don't want to see any of the other mobiles and digis out there. I did add a 'b' filter, but I either did it wrong or it doesn't do what I want. How do I accomplish this task?

            I would like to know how keep the digis displayed on the screen. They are sending objects, like this...

            /000000h3814.82N/12048.33W#

            Am I remembering there is a time value in these beacons that influences how long they appear? If so, that would be the zeros, which I'd bet would cause them to vanish from my display almost right away. Is that indeed so?

            I think that's enough questions for now.

            Chuck

            --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "chuckbland" <BackForty@...> wrote:

            > Update on things,
            >
            > All the digis have new beacons that contain the coords. They are showing-up nicely on the map and the paths are working.
            >
            > I'll update again after test day.
            >
            > Chuck
            >
            > --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "chuckbland" <BackForty@> wrote:
            > >
            > > For an upcoming event, we are setting-up temporary digipeaters on an alternate freq. None of the digis have GPS nor are they beaconing with a pre-programmed position.
            > >
            > > I want to mark them on my APRSIS map so that the path display will be able to use them.
            > >
            > > Do I add the digis as objects, using their callsign as the object ID, or am I using the wrong method?
            > >
            > > Chuck

          • Adam Mahnke
            Message 5 of 17 , Mar 25 2:07 PM
              DOH.