Re: [aprsisce] Re: Delayed digipeats

  • Rob Giuliano
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 18, 2013
      I was reading somewhere that there is an implementation where the use is reversed.
      That was what prompted the thought.

      Robert Giuliano
      KB8RCO

      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 21, 2013

        > Do you have a user manual for your TNC? I only have the KPC-3 manual
        > which describes the settings as it pertains to that device, but they
        > should be similar.

        Yes I have the manual. I've checked out every parameter and tried out settings for everything that is related to KISS-mode. It works, but it's slow.

        Just to try out other possibilities: I have configured my TinyTrak4 to work in KISS, hooked it up and set APRSISCE/32 to use that one. It all works fairly well and all received packets are transferred to the software blazing fast (running 57600 baud). I still have a fair bit of delay using this setup (never less than three seconds from a free channel), while the same TNC config in UI-View is super-snappy (instant digipeat if channel is clear).

        From the logs I posted earlier, I see that APRSISCE/32 adds some strange traffic to the RS232-port and logs sent strings as mostly HEX data. Could it be the way the program sends data or handles the COM-port? I will try running it on another computer and different serial port just for comparison.

        --
        Asbjoern
        LA1HSA