Re: Temporary digi

  • g4ilo
    Message 1 of 18 , Mar 10, 2013
      Oh bother! I've just found this out for myself. For various reasons I've had to move my G4ILO-2 igate back to my shack PC. I was using my D710 in APRS mode and letting it do the digipeating, but I thought that I could get APRSIS32 to do it if I used D710(Pkt).

      There's no real benefit to using D710(Pkt) then, is there? I know digipeating isn't supported in APRS mode but you can do it if you set the D710 up exactly the same as APRSIS32, disable all D710-originated beacons and enable the digipeat function.

      Julian, G4ILO

      > Almost. KWD710(PKT) doesn't support digipeating because the CONVerse
      > interface of this mode doesn't support transmitting a "used" bit in the
      > path which is required for digipeated packets. Digipeating will ONLY
      > work with a KISS-type interface as this is the only mode that gives
      > APRSISCE/32 direct access to all of the bits of the AX.25 packet header
      > including the "used" (*) bit in the path components.

    • Robert Bruninga
      Message 2 of 18 , Mar 10, 2013
        Clarification:

        > I know digipeating isn't supported in APRS mode...

        Yes it is. Just use the menu to set UIFLOOD and UITRACE commands.

        Bob, WB4aPR

        Message 3 of 18 , Mar 10, 2013
          I believe Julian meant APRSISCE/32 controlled digipeatingin via a
          Kwd710(APRS) type port.

          In any of the non-KISS modes (aka CONVerse modes), the UNPROTO x VIA y
          doesn't support flagging a path component as "used" (*) which is a
          digipeating requirement.

          Message 4 of 18 , Mar 11, 2013
            Yes that is indeed what I meant. I erroneously thought the D710 in Packet mode was a KISS TNC.