Suggestions for message and acknowledgement paths.

  • Tony VE6MVP
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2013
      Lynn

      I'd like the ability to customize the path only when sending messages.    And/or maybe a specific message.   And/or maybe a specific message to a given call sign but that's getting more coding and saving of parameters.   That is I'd like to be able to send messages via AB7-7 instead of WIDE2-2 but leaving the 30 minute igate beaconing as WIDE2-2.

      It might be nice, although maybe tricky to implement, to reply with the same path that the person sending the message sent.  That is if I get an APRS message from the other end of Alberta  that is, say AB7-2, it would be nice if APRSIS32 could reply using AB7-7.     And the same with message acknowledgements.

      For example a while back James VE6SRV sent me some APRS messages via AB7-7  from about 3 or 4 hops away which I saw and replied back with a WIDE2-2 path.   Now he might've received the acknowledgement or the reply via a nearby igate but what if there was no nearby igate.  Which can happen out here as the igates are sparse in rural Alberta and they might be down for whatever reason.

      Tony