Re: [aprsisce] What does "not queuing" mean?

  • Colin XSD
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 3, 2013
      Hi Greg,

      The DX report just gives you what the furthest recently heard station was with distance and bearing. If you send the query ?DX to a station it will give you that info. I find DX useful if you want to get some idea of what the actual range and bearing a station picks up best. I know PHG should give you a general idea but DX lets you know what the actual recently heard station was.

      So my vote is 'Check It'.

      As for the other check boxes, I would have to delve into the Wiki for answers to give a definitive answer.

      73,
      Colin
      M0XSD.

      On 03/03/2013 03:37, Greg D wrote:

      Hi Lynn,

      Ok, good guess.  Dx is not checked.  I expect I just used the defaults when I set this up, and am guessing it's not checked by default.  Not really sure what exactly a Dx report is, 'cause I've never seen one show up on my D7, nor anywhere else that I can recall.

      Should I check it?
      What about GPS, telemetry, and me not 3rd?

      To someone who is not versed in the details of the protocols, and what each of these specifically mean, what am I depriving the folks around me by not enabling these?  Are they important?  Common?  I'm guessing that ths station, N6RZR, was driving through the area, and someone sent him a Dx report, and he didn't get it because of my setting.  Close?

      Thanks,

      Greg  KO6TH

      Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) wrote:

      It means just what it says, that the particular packet shown is NOT
      being queued onto the port listed. In this case, you probably don't have
      DX checked in the Configure / Port / MFJ TNC dialog. This means that DX
      reports are not enabled on that port and therefore will not be queued
      for transmission.

      If this is not the issue (meaning you DO have DX checked), let me know
      and I'll dig deeper as time allows.

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 3, 2013

        http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/menu:configure-dx

        http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/gps

        http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/doc:telemetry

        http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/me-not-3rd

        > To someone who is not versed in the details of the protocols, and what
        > each of these specifically mean, what am I depriving the folks around me by
        > not enabling these? Are they important? Common? I'm guessing that ths
        > station, N6RZR, was driving through the area, and someone sent him a Dx
        > report, and he didn't get it because of my setting. Close?

        Hopefully reading the wiki will make you well versed in the details,
        and you will be able to mentor others!