RE: [aprsisce] Re: Temporary digi

  • Adam Mahnke
    Message 1 of 18 , Mar 2, 2013
      APRSIS32 still makes a great display medium for events, don't give up on it for that aspect.

      Adam
      KC2ANT

      Message 2 of 18 , Mar 10, 2013
        Oh bother! I've just found this out for myself. For various reasons I've had to move my G4ILO-2 igate back to my shack PC. I was using my D710 in APRS mode and letting it do the digipeating, but I thought that I could get APRSIS32 to do it if I used D710(Pkt).

        There's no real benefit to using D710(Pkt) then, is there? I know digipeating isn't supported in APRS mode but you can do it if you set the D710 up exactly the same as APRSIS32, disable all D710-originated beacons and enable the digipeat function.

        Julian, G4ILO

        > Almost. KWD710(PKT) doesn't support digipeating because the CONVerse
        > interface of this mode doesn't support transmitting a "used" bit in the
        > path which is required for digipeated packets. Digipeating will ONLY
        > work with a KISS-type interface as this is the only mode that gives
        > APRSISCE/32 direct access to all of the bits of the AX.25 packet header
        > including the "used" (*) bit in the path components.

      • Robert Bruninga
        Message 3 of 18 , Mar 10, 2013
          Clarification:

          > I know digipeating isn't supported in APRS mode...

          Yes it is. Just use the menu to set UIFLOOD and UITRACE commands.

          Bob, WB4aPR

          Message 4 of 18 , Mar 10, 2013
            I believe Julian meant APRSISCE/32 controlled digipeatingin via a
            Kwd710(APRS) type port.

            In any of the non-KISS modes (aka CONVerse modes), the UNPROTO x VIA y
            doesn't support flagging a path component as "used" (*) which is a
            digipeating requirement.

            On 3/10/2013 2:17 PM, Robert Bruninga wrote:
            > Clarification:
            >
            >> I know digipeating isn't supported in APRS mode...
            > Yes it is. Just use the menu to set UIFLOOD and UITRACE commands.
            >
            > Bob, WB4aPR
            >
            >> Julian, G4ILO
            >>
            >> --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)" <kj4erj@...> wrote:
            >>> Almost. KWD710(PKT) doesn't support digipeating because the CONVerse
            >>> interface of this mode doesn't support transmitting a "used" bit in the
            >>> path which is required for digipeated packets. Digipeating will ONLY
            >>> work with a KISS-type interface as this is the only mode that gives
            >>> APRSISCE/32 direct access to all of the bits of the AX.25 packet header
            >>> including the "used" (*) bit in the path components.

          • g4ilo
            Message 5 of 18 , Mar 11, 2013
              Yes that is indeed what I meant. I erroneously thought the D710 in Packet mode was a KISS TNC.