What does "not queuing" mean?

  • Greg D
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1, 2013
      Hi all,

      I'm seeing this in my Transmit log:

      2013-03-02T02:48:21.390 MFJ TNC(KISS) NOT Queueing KO6TH>DX,RFONLY:DX
      de KO6TH>MFJ TNC N6RZR-3 324 dg frm KO6TH 139mi 0248z

      What does it mean, and what, if anything do I need to do?

      APRSIS/32's status says the MFJ TNC is Ok. Now what?

      Thanks,

      Greg.
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 2, 2013
        It means just what it says, that the particular packet shown is NOT
        being queued onto the port listed. In this case, you probably don't have
        DX checked in the Configure / Port / MFJ TNC dialog. This means that DX
        reports are not enabled on that port and therefore will not be queued
        for transmission.

        If this is not the issue (meaning you DO have DX checked), let me know
        and I'll dig deeper as time allows.

        On 3/1/2013 11:01 PM, Greg D wrote:
        > Hi all,
        >
        > I'm seeing this in my Transmit log:
        >
        > 2013-03-02T02:48:21.390 MFJ TNC(KISS) NOT Queueing KO6TH>DX,RFONLY:DX
        > de KO6TH>MFJ TNC N6RZR-3 324 dg frm KO6TH 139mi 0248z
        >
        > What does it mean, and what, if anything do I need to do?
        >
        > APRSIS/32's status says the MFJ TNC is Ok. Now what?
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Greg.

      • Greg D
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 2, 2013
          Hi Lynn,

          Ok, good guess.  Dx is not checked.  I expect I just used the defaults when I set this up, and am guessing it's not checked by default.  Not really sure what exactly a Dx report is, 'cause I've never seen one show up on my D7, nor anywhere else that I can recall.

          Should I check it?
          What about GPS, telemetry, and me not 3rd?

          To someone who is not versed in the details of the protocols, and what each of these specifically mean, what am I depriving the folks around me by not enabling these?  Are they important?  Common?  I'm guessing that ths station, N6RZR, was driving through the area, and someone sent him a Dx report, and he didn't get it because of my setting.  Close?

          Thanks,

          Greg  KO6TH

          Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) wrote:

          It means just what it says, that the particular packet shown is NOT
          being queued onto the port listed. In this case, you probably don't have
          DX checked in the Configure / Port / MFJ TNC dialog. This means that DX
          reports are not enabled on that port and therefore will not be queued
          for transmission.

          If this is not the issue (meaning you DO have DX checked), let me know
          and I'll dig deeper as time allows.

          On 3/1/2013 11:01 PM, Greg D wrote:
          > Hi all,
          >
          > I'm seeing this in my Transmit log:
          >
          > 2013-03-02T02:48:21.390 MFJ TNC(KISS) NOT Queueing KO6TH>DX,RFONLY:DX
          > de KO6TH>MFJ TNC N6RZR-3 324 dg frm KO6TH 139mi 0248z
          >
          > What does it mean, and what, if anything do I need to do?
          >
          > APRSIS/32's status says the MFJ TNC is Ok. Now what?
          >
          > Thanks,
          >
          > Greg.

        • Tony VE6MVP
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 2, 2013
            Lynn

            Can you setup the program so it, possibly optionally, minimizes to the system tray rather than staying in the task bar when minimized?   It would just clean things up a bit.   Low priority if you decide this is something useful.

            I could point out the VB6 code to do such but that won't help you much.  <smile>

            Tony
          • Colin XSD
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 3, 2013
              Hi Greg,

              The DX report just gives you what the furthest recently heard station was with distance and bearing. If you send the query ?DX to a station it will give you that info. I find DX useful if you want to get some idea of what the actual range and bearing a station picks up best. I know PHG should give you a general idea but DX lets you know what the actual recently heard station was.

              So my vote is 'Check It'.

              As for the other check boxes, I would have to delve into the Wiki for answers to give a definitive answer.

              73,
              Colin
              M0XSD.

              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 3, 2013

                http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/menu:configure-dx

                http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/gps

                http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/doc:telemetry

                http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/me-not-3rd

                > To someone who is not versed in the details of the protocols, and what
                > each of these specifically mean, what am I depriving the folks around me by
                > not enabling these? Are they important? Common? I'm guessing that ths
                > station, N6RZR, was driving through the area, and someone sent him a Dx
                > report, and he didn't get it because of my setting. Close?

                Hopefully reading the wiki will make you well versed in the details,
                and you will be able to mentor others!