IGATE Checklist help please for KN5UPS

  • kd5njr
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 28, 2013
      Hi Guys,

      After taking a break from the APRSIS32 stuff for a while, I was trying to help KN5UPS get KN5UPS-10 back into fighting shape.

      We upgraded from the KAM to an OpenTrackerUSB from Argent.

      He says he sees local RF in the TNC port log. I haven't been over to verify this, but that leads me to think the Argent is set up correctly. He says he's getting Port OK messages on the main screen.

      He has KN5UPS-2 (HT) and KN5UPS-1 (TinyTrak) as signal sources.

      I think we're missing a checkbox somewhere concerning sending position packets into the Internet. Why ? Aprs.fi would lead me to belive those devices are being gated by others.

      Could someone remind us what's necessary to be enabled to IGATE ? I think we're missing something that we used to have set up correctly around the end of the year.

      Thanks,
      Scott
      KD5NJR
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 28, 2013
        For starters:

        Toolbar --> Enables --> APRIS-IS checked.
        Toolbar --> Enables --> Internet Access checked.
        Toolbar --> Configure --> General --> Passcode entered.
        Toolbar --> Configure --> Ports --> APRS-IS --> RF to IS checked.
        Toolbar --> Configure --> Ports --> APRS-IS --> Device --> IP or DNS (rotate.aprs2.net) and Port (14580) entered.

        Check these things and if everything is there, come on back.

        Of course the wiki has a starter video which should answer the same question (IIRC).

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 28, 2013
          After another quick look:
          Toolbar --> Configure --> Ports --> APRS-IS --> Check everything.

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 5, 2013
            Thanks Fred,
            John stuck a printout by his IGATE for reference purposes .