RE: [aprsisce] Lost WHO-IS?

  • Kurt Savegnago
    Message 1 of 32 , Feb 26, 2013
      It used to be that I click on WHO-IS and it would flash the information up on the screen
      just like address look-up.  To be honest with you, I totally dislike the messaging with
      this program.  I like to pull up a list of all the messages and select from a list.

      With APRSISCE one clicks on messages, then read message and a seemingly random message comes up on the screen.  I can't see a listing.  One assumes when they hit
      the X in the right upper corner it deletes it.  I then have to start the whole "scroll-click"
      routine all over to see the next random message.  Stupid.

      When I clicked on WHO-IS in the past, a window came up with the info on the callsign
      holder in that same fashion as the address lookup is now.  I don't know if this is a program
      change or if I set a switch wrong so it doesn't display anymore.  I certainly don't want the answer to my inquiry to end up in the stupid message box that one can't navigate very well anyways.

                                                          Kurt KC9LDH

      Message 32 of 32 , Dec 2, 2013

        Just to say I passed ANSRVR and SATSRVR back to Lynn earlier this evening, After running the backup system for a few days.

        On the whole it worked OK other than a few hours delay, between it going down and my seeing that I needed to run the backup.

        It should not have been obvious to users that I was running the system

        Steve Daniels

        Amateur Radio Callsign G6UIM

        Torbay Freecycle  Owner