RE: [aprsisce] ANSRVR

    Message 1 of 32 , Feb 24, 2013

      ANSRVR is down until the server has been rebooted it seems. Hopefully that will happen during the week.

      I would happily run a backup system if Lynn ’s software will run on my machine, for emergency uses such as this.

      It seems that Lynn ’s server has become sentient and goes down (or starts doing other things) When he is away, lets just hope that nobody sends up satellites named SkyNet (too late the UK Military did that)

      For those in the APRSIS32Cafe my 22GB of UK videos are still available on the private Torrents, but Lynn ’s web index is down as I guess is his seeding.

      Steve Daniels

      Amateur Radio Callsign G6UIM

      Torbay Freecycle  Owner

      Message 32 of 32 , Dec 2, 2013

        Just to say I passed ANSRVR and SATSRVR back to Lynn earlier this evening, After running the backup system for a few days.

        On the whole it worked OK other than a few hours delay, between it going down and my seeing that I needed to run the backup.

        It should not have been obvious to users that I was running the system