Re: [aprsisce] bluetooth gps

  • Adrian Burg
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 23, 2013
      Thanks Steve.
      Is it possible to use both gps units at the same time or will one over-ride the other one?
      Adrian
      VE6TDX

      Sent: Saturday, February 23, 2013 3:39 PM
      Subject: RE: [aprsisce] bluetooth gps

      Make sure that windows is connected to the GPS unit.

      The go configure, ports, nmea. If you have not connected to a GPS unit before you will get 3 options Com, Bluetooth and tcp/ip

      Select Bluetooth and then in the following dropdown menu select your GPS device.

      Make sure GPS is enabled in the enables menu.

      If you have had a previous GPS device connected, you will need to delete it, do that by selecting a blank entry in the drop down device part of the port config, then go back again. To configure it

      Steve Daniels

      Amateur Radio Callsign G6UIM

      Torbay Freecycle  Owner

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 23, 2013

        You can only run one NMEA port, but you could run a KISS/NMEA port also  from the radio, not sure if anyone has tried that. And what effect that would have.

        Lynn who is having a break at the moment will probably answer, when he gets the chance to check emails

        Sent: Saturday, February 23, 2013 3:39 PM

        Make sure that windows is connected to the GPS unit.

        The go configure, ports, nmea. If you have not connected to a GPS unit before you will get 3 options Com, Bluetooth and tcp/ip

        Select Bluetooth and then in the following dropdown menu select your GPS device.

        Make sure GPS is enabled in the enables menu.

        If you have had a previous GPS device connected, you will need to delete it, do that by selecting a blank entry in the drop down device part of the port config, then go back again. To configure it

        Steve Daniels

        Amateur Radio Callsign G6UIM

        Torbay Freecycle  Owner

        size=2 width="100%" align=center tabIndex=-1>