bluetooth gps

  • ve6tdx
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 23, 2013
      Hi gang.
      here is my setup.
      Montana 600 into a kenwood 710 running aprsis on a windows base tablet.
      Everything works fine the only thing I want to I want to use a a blue tooth gps unit with the aprsis system for the tablet has blue tooth.
      In the setup i have the D710 on comport 3 and that is the only comport there is on the tablet. So my question is how I can set up the blue tooth gps with the aprsis system.
      Thanks in advance.
      Adrian
      VE6TDX
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 23, 2013

        Make sure that windows is connected to the GPS unit.

        The go configure, ports, nmea. If you have not connected to a GPS unit before you will get 3 options Com, Bluetooth and tcp/ip

        Select Bluetooth and then in the following dropdown menu select your GPS device.

        Make sure GPS is enabled in the enables menu.

        If you have had a previous GPS device connected, you will need to delete it, do that by selecting a blank entry in the drop down device part of the port config, then go back again. To configure it

        Steve Daniels

        Amateur Radio Callsign G6UIM

        Torbay Freecycle  Owner

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 23, 2013
          Thanks Steve.
          Is it possible to use both gps units at the same time or will one over-ride the other one?
          Adrian
          VE6TDX

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 23, 2013

            You can only run one NMEA port, but you could run a KISS/NMEA port also  from the radio, not sure if anyone has tried that. And what effect that would have.

            Lynn who is having a break at the moment will probably answer, when he gets the chance to check emails

            Sent: Saturday, February 23, 2013 3:39 PM

            Make sure that windows is connected to the GPS unit.

            The go configure, ports, nmea. If you have not connected to a GPS unit before you will get 3 options Com, Bluetooth and tcp/ip

            Select Bluetooth and then in the following dropdown menu select your GPS device.

            Make sure GPS is enabled in the enables menu.

            If you have had a previous GPS device connected, you will need to delete it, do that by selecting a blank entry in the drop down device part of the port config, then go back again. To configure it

            Steve Daniels

            Amateur Radio Callsign G6UIM

            Torbay Freecycle  Owner

            size=2 width="100%" align=center tabIndex=-1>