EDCA-Map tile sets and Mr Obvious

  • kc8sfq
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 15, 2013
      Today I tried downloading an alternate set of tiles. Here's what I did:
      Navigate to the folder where APRSIS32 is located.
      Right click and select NEW-Folder. Name it something that will identify it for you. I am downloading Red Alert. I called the new folder "RedMap" because it'll fit nicely in the pull down menu we'll get to in a minute.

      Now start APRSIS32; Goto CONFIGURE-MAP-TILESETS-NEW TILESET.
      In the Tile Set-setup window, you need to give APRS32 the name of the folder to stash the new tiles in. That's the folder you created a couple of minutes ago (in my case, RedMap) Fill in the server and URL from the wiki, or else where, and you're good to go. (I can't believe this gave me so much trouble the first time.) Go to SCREEN-Tile Set. On the pull down, select your new tile set.
      Now start zooming and panning to load maps.

      Now, the Mr.Obvious part, with appologies to Bob n' Tom.
      After you get your tile set window set up and you try to download maps, it helps to go to ENABLES- INTERNET ACCESS and click it ON. Dont ask how long it took me to figure that one out.

      Let me know if this EDCA (Every Darn Click Almost) is worth the time to polish up and make it available for use in the wiki. Also, did I miss any steps?

      73 KC8SFQ
    • ltdoc
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 16, 2013
        Can't speak for anyone else, but it certainly helps me! Not that I ever made such a silly mistake... and I keep promising my self I'll quit doing that #$%.
        - 'Doc