Re: [aprsisce] red point on screen?

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2010
      James,

      It's not where the program thinks you are, it's the error between where
      you are and where someone dead-reckoning you from your last position
      would think you are. The circle scale is the Configure / Genius /
      Forecast Error and when the red dot hits the circle, a beacon will be
      sent (provided that it has been at least Configure / Genius / Min Time
      since the last one).

      PS. It's also there to give you something to watch and think about when
      you're bored on a long road trip. You can even play with your speed to
      see if you can make it move! Just remember that it jumps back to the
      center on every beacon.

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2010
        Yeah, I know it's where others might assume you are. I have a heck of
        a time figuring out what the meatball is supposed to be telling me.
        I've tried watching it while driving down the road, but I don't think
        I've seen it hit the circle before bouncing back home.

        If I juimp on the gas, that meatball should fall behind until it hits
        the circle, then jump back to center as the next beacon updates speed
        and heading information. Jamming on the brakes would do the same, but
        the meatball should over run the direction you are headed. I think
        that this works.

        It's the heading deviation that seems to be wierd. I haven't played
        with it mobile for a while though.

        I'd still like to be able to get rid of the meatball and circle. It's
        good for seeing what's happening behind the scenes, but can be
        distracting for normal use.