Re: [aprsisce] Re: Editing XML for Digi

  • Mark Petiford
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 10, 2013
      This is not an APRSIS32 problem.  It appears to be a Windows problem...or FEATURE if you ask Microsoft.  What version of Windows are you using?  I suspect that when you save, Notepad is adding the .txt extension to it so it becomes APRSIS32.XML.TXT.  You won't be able to rename it to APRSIS32.XML unless the original aprsis32.xml file is no longer there or changed to something like aprsis32bak.xml.

      Mark
      KE6BB

      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 10, 2013
        Make sure you change the "Save as type:" dropdown from "Text Documents
        (*.txt)" to "All Files (*.)" or Notepad will definitely do what has been
        described below.

        I also recommend not ever hiding extensions in Windows. In Windows 7,
        select "Folder and Search Options" from the Organize menu in an open
        folder. Click the View tab and look for "Hide extensions for known file
        types" (8'th option down in mine) and uncheck it.

      • nt5sm_scott
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 10, 2013
          Wouldn't you know it had to be a Windows thing .... Thanks to you all Again!! Thought it was kind of funny updating from txt. The SaveAs aprsis32.xml using *.* worked. There is now a new W1 digi/igate at NT5SM-1.

          73,
          Scott