Re: [aprsisce] Receive-only i-gate question.

    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 7, 2013
      All -IS to RF gated packets are supposed to be wrapped in 3rd party packets just so that the actual RF source can be known.  APRSISCE/32 does this automatically.

      On 2/7/2013 4:00 PM, Rob Giuliano wrote:
      As I said, this is just couriosity.  I know I can't get into trouble, but I can think of confusing scenarios:

      I was thinking more on the lines of HF where my signal may reach the UK.
      Or for that matter, a European (non-UK) which might reach back into the UK.
      If there was no trace of the origin of the signal which could show it came from outside the UK, that could cause confusion.
      RF knows know boundaries.
      With used paths, it becomes obvious, but without them . . . .

      Robert Giuliano
      KB8RCO