Re: [aprsisce] Re: kenwood tm-710
- On 2/3/2013 22:59, ltdoc wrote:
>Use a computer program to set all the settings with the manual at hand
> There is a fairly steep learning curve with any radio that does multiple
> things and uses a menu system. If the radio has features that you want
> then I would definitely consider it. Most of the 'variable' features are
> a set it and forget it thingy, but not all of them of course. Download
> the manual for several different radios and compare them, there won't be
> a huge difference between them. I have more trouble with cell phones
> than radios... in general.
> - 'Doc
so you understand what you are setting. Save the file and all you have
to do is hook up the cable and hit send.
I use ARRL's Travel Plus to make list of repeaters on my intended path
and download to my radio (D700's and D7's) as I travel across the country.
Same thing with my Wouxun HT. Use the computer and you can see What you
are doing and have done when the fingers miss the key.
- Norm - N9ZKS - Central Illinois
- Motorcyclist, Bicyclist, Ham, Scouter
- '05 Goldwing - Yellow - Rex - 141,000 miles
- '87 Goldwing Interstate - Lagniappe Too - 66,000 miles
- LAISSEZ LES BON TEMPS ROULER!
- IBA 25533, MARC, WOTI, GWRRA, AMA, ARRL