Re: [aprsisce] Re: kenwood tm-710

  • Norm Huber
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 5, 2013
      On 2/3/2013 22:59, ltdoc wrote:

      > There is a fairly steep learning curve with any radio that does multiple
      > things and uses a menu system. If the radio has features that you want
      > then I would definitely consider it. Most of the 'variable' features are
      > a set it and forget it thingy, but not all of them of course. Download
      > the manual for several different radios and compare them, there won't be
      > a huge difference between them. I have more trouble with cell phones
      > than radios... in general.
      > - 'Doc

      Use a computer program to set all the settings with the manual at hand
      so you understand what you are setting. Save the file and all you have
      to do is hook up the cable and hit send.
      I use ARRL's Travel Plus to make list of repeaters on my intended path
      and download to my radio (D700's and D7's) as I travel across the country.
      Same thing with my Wouxun HT. Use the computer and you can see What you
      are doing and have done when the fingers miss the key.

      - Norm - N9ZKS - Central Illinois
      - Motorcyclist, Bicyclist, Ham, Scouter
      - '05 Goldwing - Yellow - Rex - 141,000 miles
      - '87 Goldwing Interstate - Lagniappe Too - 66,000 miles
      - LAISSEZ LES BON TEMPS ROULER!
      - IBA 25533, MARC, WOTI, GWRRA, AMA, ARRL
      -
      http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/find.cgi?call=n9zks-5,n9zks-9,n9zks-10&radar=***