Kenwood TM-D710 Digital Band Change

  • va7lv
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1 12:57 PM
      First off let me apologize if this has already been addressed. I am a noobe to APRSISCE has just converted from UI-View. What I have explored of APRSISCE so far has rally impressed me - great workn guys!

      Now to my question. I have managed to get my D710A set up and working in the (APRS) mode letting the radio handle the beaconing and the PC do the plotting work. I use band B for APRS work (as I occasionally like to listen to aeronautical frequencies when traveling) however when initializing the program, it sets band A as the digital side. This requires me to change this parameter through the radio menus after APRSISCE is running. (More of a challenge is for me to remember to do this!) Is there a configuration change that I can do that will enable band B to be and remain my default digital band?

      Thanks,

      Dick VA7LV (currently wintering in AZ.)
    • va7lv

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 1 1:24 PM
          At 01:57 PM 2013-02-01, va7lv wrote:

          Now to my question. I have managed to get my D710A set up and working in the (APRS) mode letting the radio handle the beaconing and the PC do the plotting work. I use band B for APRS work (as I occasionally like to listen to aeronautical frequencies when traveling) however when initializing the program, it sets band A as the digital side. This requires me to change this parameter through the radio menus after APRSISCE is running. (More of a challenge is for me to remember to do this!) Is there a configuration change that I can do that will enable band B to be and remain my default digital band?

          I think I encountered the same issue as you mention.   From what I can see the D710 really likes having the A side for data so you're best off going with that and using the B side for everything else.

          Tony
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 1 2:37 PM
            On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 2:24 PM, Tony VE6MVP <tony@...> wrote:

            >> At 01:57 PM 2013-02-01, va7lv wrote:
            >>
            >> Is there a configuration change
            >> that I can do that will enable band B to be and remain my default digital
            >> band?
            >

            > I think I encountered the same issue as you mention. From what I can see
            > the D710 really likes having the A side for data so you're best off going
            > with that and using the B side for everything else.

            Yes you can make a simple change to the XML file.

            <OpenCmd>TN 1,1!TN 1,1</OpenCmd>

            TN1,1 sets the radio into APRS mode on band B.