Fw: [aarea] From Bob WB4APR......QRT ALL PACKET ON 145.825 FOR THE NEXT FEW DAYS!

  • Mike Liller
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2013
      FYI for anyone working PCSAT.

      73de
      Mike Liller, N7NMS
      ARRL Maryland/DC Section, Assistant SEC
      ----- Forwarded Message -----
      From: ryan woods <kd8atf@...>
      To: Aarea <aarea@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Friday, February 1, 2013 9:22 AM
      Subject: [aarea] From Bob WB4APR......QRT ALL PACKET ON 145.825 FOR THE NEXT FEW DAYS!

      I don't think there is anyone that works that aprs satellite NO-44 aka PCSAT but just to pass the word along.........

      *******Please QRT all transmissions to PCsat to save power for COMMANDing.

      PCSAT (W3ADO-1) is entering its 3 day RECOVERY window this year starting 31
      Jan.

      Today we got logged on for commanding twice, but both times user packets
      killed the bird.

      At best PCSAT can usually only save up enough power for 2 or 3 solid
      packets per pass and we need 3 successfully for command and recover. One
      user packet in the middle of that and we lose it for the pass.

      MY fault for not making this announcement earlier. Not their fault. But
      if you see this email and you are transmitting to PCsat, please QRT for the
      next several days.

      Commanding is being done from the East and West coast of the USA and over
      Germany.

      WB4APR, Bob
      USNA Command Station
      Sent from my Nexus 7 tablet!