TH-D72 in KISS digipeating

  • df8ls
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2013
      Hi folks,

      having set up a little 70cm APRS IGATE I've also made it a W2 digipeater.

      Until started the digi function I enjoyed using the TM-D710(KISS) commands to get the HT into KISS.

      Anyway after I switched the DigiXform to the propper values the TH-D72 refused to digipeat, although on the scroller CALLSIGN@ told it did.

      Solution: instead of using the sophisticated TM-D710(KISS) I took the simple commands of KISS whereby (Simple)KISS wouldn't work.

      Finally the digipeater function started transmitting even to the outside world and not only to the scroller.

      Fine so far, BUT: I'd love to keep the sophisticated commands (no HT switsching to PACKET12, smart close commands for stand alone operation and so forth...).

      I played a bit within the script ( DIG ON/OFF, UI ON/OFF etc. ) but that were just no-brainers with no positive result.

      So, at this point I need help. Anyone?

      73
      Jerry (formerly known as Helge), DF8LS