Re: [aprsisce] Great to be back

  • Tony VE6MVP
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 30 6:01 PM
      At 06:44 PM 2013-01-30, jandgandjochem wrote:

      For the RF port configuration should I use KISS or Kenwood Pkt when using a Kenwood TM-D710? Are they the same or are there differences?

      To use KISS you have to set the 710 to PACKET mode.

      If you use the Kenwood D710 option then APRSIS32 will handle putting the radio into APRS mode for you.  Then, if you later want to test RMS Express for Winlink 2000, that program too knows about the D710 and will automatically put the D710 into Packet mode.

      I do not know if one is better than the other.  It may well be that KISS will allow you to hear more of your digipeated packets from other local digi's as switching the D710 from xmit to rcv in APRS mode takes about 400 msec.

      Tony