Re: [aprsisce] Multiple Settings Profiles

    Message 1 of 34 , Jan 29, 2013
      Sorry, but you are correct. The WinMo version explicitly uses My
      Documents so that the XML and the LOGs are copied to a host PC during
      synchronization. When/if I get around to doing some sort of near-online
      configuration switch, the WinMo version will hopefully benefit by
      becoming able to hold multiple configurations.

      Message 34 of 34 , Jan 30, 2013
        On 1/30/2013 6:59 AM, Colin XSD wrote:
        > On 30/01/2013 02:15, Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) wrote:
        >> Has anyone ever gotten the startup warning that the configuration was
        >> saved by a later version of APRSISCE/32 and warned that it might not be
        >> reliable to go backwards in versions?
        > Yes Lynn, many times, I just ignored it:S. It has never caused me any
        > concern.
        >
        > I think I normally see that warning when I cut & paste bits into a new
        > xml file but forget to change the 'Dev' flag.

        Yep, that would do it as the general release is nearly always lagging
        being the development version. I just wanted to make sure that the
        reversion detection code was actually working in light of the recent
        discussion of multiple configurations and XML files and preserved
        settings. I attempt to do backward compatibility by
        migrating/converting/upgraded XML settings in the new versions. But
        sometimes that conversion is one-way and if you take an upgraded XML and
        load it into a back-level version, those settings may revert to default
        values. Hence the warning. Nothing particularly "bad" will happen, but
        your settings may not be as you expect.