RE: [aprsisce] Multiple Settings Profiles

  • Jeff Dugas
    Message 1 of 34 , Jan 29, 2013
      Lynn,

      "... you only need a single copy of the .EXE, but you'll need to make a
      shortcut of that .EXE to run within the different directory that contains
      the .XML and will end up with the .LOGs."

      Can that be done on the WinMo version? How?

      On WinMo, they appear to default to main root on the device. For
      housekeeping reasons, I would really prefer to relocate the .XML and .LOGS
      to another directory. I currently run the EXE from a directory on my
      Storage Card (\Storage Card\Program Files\APRSISCE6P\APRSIS6P.exe).

      Jeff
      N5TEV
      Message 34 of 34 , Jan 30, 2013
        On 1/30/2013 6:59 AM, Colin XSD wrote:
        > On 30/01/2013 02:15, Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) wrote:
        >> Has anyone ever gotten the startup warning that the configuration was
        >> saved by a later version of APRSISCE/32 and warned that it might not be
        >> reliable to go backwards in versions?
        > Yes Lynn, many times, I just ignored it:S. It has never caused me any
        > concern.
        >
        > I think I normally see that warning when I cut & paste bits into a new
        > xml file but forget to change the 'Dev' flag.

        Yep, that would do it as the general release is nearly always lagging
        being the development version. I just wanted to make sure that the
        reversion detection code was actually working in light of the recent
        discussion of multiple configurations and XML files and preserved
        settings. I attempt to do backward compatibility by
        migrating/converting/upgraded XML settings in the new versions. But
        sometimes that conversion is one-way and if you take an upgraded XML and
        load it into a back-level version, those settings may revert to default
        values. Hence the warning. Nothing particularly "bad" will happen, but
        your settings may not be as you expect.