Re: [aprsisce] Multiple Settings Profiles

  • Adam Mahnke
    Message 1 of 34 , Jan 29, 2013
      Sadly, that is outside my skill set.

      Adam
      KC2ANT

      -----Original Message-----

      From: Rob Giuliano
      Sent: 29 Jan 2013 15:58:00 GMT
      To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [aprsisce] Multiple Settings Profiles

      You don't need multiple EXE files.  You can have each shortcut call the same (common) EXE file, but from a different "Start In" directory.  his makes updates easy.

      If you are physically running multiple instances, then only the instance that updates will actually restart into the new version.  All other running instances must be manually restarted for the update to take affect.

      Robert Giuliano
      KB8RCO

      Message 34 of 34 , Jan 30, 2013
        On 1/30/2013 6:59 AM, Colin XSD wrote:
        > On 30/01/2013 02:15, Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) wrote:
        >> Has anyone ever gotten the startup warning that the configuration was
        >> saved by a later version of APRSISCE/32 and warned that it might not be
        >> reliable to go backwards in versions?
        > Yes Lynn, many times, I just ignored it:S. It has never caused me any
        > concern.
        >
        > I think I normally see that warning when I cut & paste bits into a new
        > xml file but forget to change the 'Dev' flag.

        Yep, that would do it as the general release is nearly always lagging
        being the development version. I just wanted to make sure that the
        reversion detection code was actually working in light of the recent
        discussion of multiple configurations and XML files and preserved
        settings. I attempt to do backward compatibility by
        migrating/converting/upgraded XML settings in the new versions. But
        sometimes that conversion is one-way and if you take an upgraded XML and
        load it into a back-level version, those settings may revert to default
        values. Hence the warning. Nothing particularly "bad" will happen, but
        your settings may not be as you expect.