Re: [aprsisce] DPRS working with APRS? (was: APRS at 2013 National Scout Jamboree (in work!))

  • Colin XSD
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 25, 2013
      OK Larry,

      Can you explain why you would want to have both DPRS & APRS on the same IC-2820 then if you don't want DPRS talking to APRS and vice versa? and what would be the advantage of just one 'Terminal Operator' being able to see all the site activity?

      Sorry if these are stupid questions but I have little knowledge of DSTAR and DPRS.
      I have considered getting an IC-2820 but if you have to choose between APRS & DPRS and can't use both together then I don't see the point, APRS will win hands down (at least around here).

      73,
      Colin
      M0XSD.

      On 25/01/2013 20:59, Larry Simon wrote:

      They won’t directly talk to each other and you don’t want them to. If they were interfaced to the same PC the terminal operator would be able to see all of the site activity.

      For me it would be a great opportunity to meet Bob since I am on the west coast. I have emailed with Bob a few times when I was looking for more information for a rather large even that I setup a separate network for because of our shear number of units in the event.

      Larry

      KC7QJO