Object icon selection bug

  • kc0alc
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 25, 2013
      While I was experimenting with multiline APRS objects I believe I stumbled upon a minor bug in APRSIS32. When an object is changed to the "Area objs" icon (\l -- alternate table, symbol 108) the icon for that object cannot be changed again. The Select Symbol dialog box won't show up when I click on the icon on the Object dialog box like normal. When I go into the XML file and change the icon there, everything works as it should again.

      That symbol isn't used much (if at all) so I wouldn't make it a high priority fix but something to note for when you get around to releasing another development version.

      Behavior noted on the latest development version,
      Build: 2012/10/06 07:31
      Running on Win 7 x64

      Thanks,
      David, KC0ALC
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 25, 2013
        The \l is a "special" symbol in the APRS spec for Area Objects
        (aprs101.pdf page 60). I'm kind of surprised that you can't change it
        away from that, I don't recall doing any special case code on it, but I
        might have.

        Thanks for the report!

        PS. Anyone have any experience with any of the free on-line bug tracking
        systems? I'm thinking I need to look into one of these so that I don't
        have to remember to pull these things into my ToDo list.

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 25, 2013

          I have only experienced those used with things like source forge and the like.

          Would certainly be hand for reporting bugs and seeing what is on your todo list

          Steve Daniels

          Amateur Radio Callsign G6UIM

          Torbay Freecycle  Owner

          The \l is a "special" symbol in the APRS spec for Area Objects
          (aprs101.pdf page 60). I'm kind of surprised that you can't change it
          away from that, I don't recall doing any special case code on it, but I
          might have.

          Thanks for the report!

          PS. Anyone have any experience with any of the free on-line bug tracking
          systems? I'm thinking I need to look into one of these so that I don't
          have to remember to pull these things into my ToDo list.

          On 1/25/2013 11:12 AM, kc0alc wrote:
          > While I was experimenting with multiline APRS objects I believe I stumbled upon a minor bug in APRSIS32. When an object is changed to the "Area objs" icon (\l -- alternate table, symbol 108) the icon for that object cannot be changed again. The Select Symbol dialog box won't show up when I click on the icon on the Object dialog box like normal. When I go into the XML file and change the icon there, everything works as it should again.
          >
          > That symbol isn't used much (if at all) so I wouldn't make it a high priority fix but something to note for when you get around to releasing another development version.
          >
          > Behavior noted on the latest development version,
          > Build: 2012/10/06 07:31
          > Running on Win 7 x64
          >
          > Thanks,
          > David, KC0ALC

        • Hal Mueller
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 25, 2013
            I use FogBugz. The free trial can be used indefinitely for 1-2 person projects.

            73
            Hal
            N3YX