Re: [aprsisce] Re: digipeter and igate modes

  • Greg D
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 22, 2013
      Hi Lynn,

      Right click? Was that a recent addition?

      I'm running the August 30 build from last year, on my Linux box under
      Wine. Right clicking on the APRS-OK line brings up a window menu to
      restore/move/resize/close a window. Hitting restore (I didn't dare try
      the others) didn't appear to do anything.

      DOUBLE clicking on that spot brought up a Port Status window. Is that
      the same thing?

      Just curious if we've got an operational difference between APRSIS32 on
      Windows vs Wine, or if my copy is just old. (I only run the General
      Availability releases on this box...)

      Greg KO6TH

      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 23, 2013
        You're copy is just old. I'm not sure if it is in the most recent
        general release or not. You might want to try upgrading and see if
        there's more functions on the right click on the APRS-IS OK pane.

        On 1/23/2013 12:17 AM, Greg D wrote:
        > Hi Lynn,
        >
        > Right click? Was that a recent addition?
        >
        > I'm running the August 30 build from last year, on my Linux box under
        > Wine. Right clicking on the APRS-OK line brings up a window menu to
        > restore/move/resize/close a window. Hitting restore (I didn't dare try
        > the others) didn't appear to do anything.
        >
        > DOUBLE clicking on that spot brought up a Port Status window. Is that
        > the same thing?
        >
        > Just curious if we've got an operational difference between APRSIS32 on
        > Windows vs Wine, or if my copy is just old. (I only run the General
        > Availability releases on this box...)
        >
        > Greg KO6TH
        >

        > Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) wrote:
        >> If you right-click on the APRS-IS OK pane, you should see your port name
        >> at the top of that menu. Select it and you'll get a real-time display of
        >> traffic rates and DX receptions. Busy Stations is also an interesting
        >> window to bring up.

      • offroad007
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 23, 2013
          Yes I had messaging off, now turned it back on. did not realize I needed that on.

          --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)" wrote:

          > You can also send a ?APRSS and ?IGATE to your station and get some
          > information from it. However, I just tried that and didn't get any
          > answers. Do you have messaging disabled on the APRS-IS port or something?

        • Greg D
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 23, 2013
            Bingo!  Actually, I mis-read the About screen.  I was on the release from last May, and upgraded to August.  Now it behaves as you describe.  I went in first to verify that the Development flag was off (with the program stopped), then restarted and accepted the update.

            Thanks,

            Greg  KO6TH