Re: [aprsisce] Frequency monitor

    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 22, 2013
      Enables / Frequency Monitor.  Note that if it is not currently visible, selecting this will simply make it visible.  You can only uncheck it when it is visible.

      Alternatively, right click on the Frequency Monitor window itself and uncheck the Enabled in that popup menu.  This right click menu has additional configuration options for the Frequency Monitor namely:

      PS.  A simple search on the Wiki for "Frequency Monitor" gives http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/2012-05-25-07:50 which is the release notes when it was added and it mentions the "Enables / Frequency Monitor" menu option.  Not completely clear, but it IS in the Wiki!

      On 1/22/2013 4:44 PM, kc8sfq@... wrote:
      Hi Gang,
      I am running APRSIS32 mobile almost daily now. It has, in fact, become a "daily driver". I have it set up on a tablet that is blue tooth equipped. The tablet talks to a BT-GPS and an RF deck consisting of a BT/Serial adapter, tracker and HTX202. The RF deck is housed in a cooler, padded with foam and powered by an 8A AGM battery.

      On another note, I've done it again. I was poking about in menus the other day and turned FREQUENCY MONITOR on. It was, as I recall, a couple of levels down some menu tree. Nothing happened when I turned it on, so, I went on to another menu item. Now, there are several stations beaconing their freq, which puts a big bill-board on my screen. Now I can't find FREQ MON again to shut it off. I also didn't find FREQUENCY MONITOR listed in the wiki. Could someone please point me to the right tree.

      73 and thanks, Ron, KC8SFQ-9

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
          aprsisce-digest@yahoogroups.com
          aprsisce-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • kc8sfq
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 22, 2013
        > Enables / Frequency Monitor. Note that if it is not currently
        visible,
        > selecting this will simply make it visible. You can only uncheck it
        > when it is visible.

        Thanks, Lynn. I looked at ENABLES. I can't believe I missed "Freq Mon". Got it now. (gettin' old sucks)

        I'm having TOO much fun with this program. It does almost everything I want. Still waiting for the feature that puts the top up on my Jeep icon. Now, it needs to turn the heater on too. 8 degrees F here this AM (mischievous grin)

        73; KC8SFQ, Ron

      • Adam Mahnke
        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 22, 2013
          Could have used the heater this morning as well. 4.5 degrees while fighting a structure fire.

           http://www.odessafile.com/people.html

          Yes Lynn, I really do drive a fire truck. :)

          Adam
          KC2ANT

          > Enables / Frequency Monitor. Note that if it is not currently visible,
          > selecting this will simply make it visible. You can only uncheck it
          > when it is visible.

          Thanks, Lynn. I looked at ENABLES. I can't believe I missed "Freq Mon". Got it now. (gettin' old sucks)

          I'm having TOO much fun with this program. It does almost everything I want. Still waiting for the feature that puts the top up on my Jeep icon. Now, it needs to turn the heater on too. 8 degrees F here this AM (mischievous grin)

          73; KC8SFQ, Ron

        • kb8uih88
          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 6, 2013
            Hi, Have another ? How do I shut off this darn frequency monitor dialogue window? Its really annoying. Thanks, Chris
            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 6, 2013
              As you've no doubt discovered, selecting the Enables / Frequency Monitor
              causes the window to display if it is enabled but not visible. If the
              window is VISIBLE when you select Enables / Frequency Monitor, then it
              will toggle the state.

              But it's even easier to simply right click in the window itself and
              uncheck Enabled.

              PS. If you find it so annoying, then Bob would be proud of your
              observed area because it means that lots of stations are transmitting
              their frequency information!

              On 6/6/2013 1:29 PM, kb8uih88 wrote:
              > Hi, Have another ? How do I shut off this darn frequency monitor dialogue window? Its really annoying. Thanks, Chris

            • Randy Love
              Message 6 of 13 , Jun 6, 2013
                Chris is on the north end of my area. We have lotsa freq objects. :)

                Randy
                WF5X

                Message 7 of 13 , Jun 6, 2013
                  Oh, and from the bottom of the (not so nicely formatted, temporary) Wiki
                  page http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/en-freqmon

                  > To disable the monitor go to enable frequency monitor with the window
                  > open and untick it. With the window closed it will just pop back on.

                  PS. One of my long-term goals is that some vast majority of the
                  questions posted here will be answerable by simply providing a Wiki link.

                  > As you've no doubt discovered, selecting the Enables / Frequency Monitor
                  > causes the window to display if it is enabled but not visible. If the
                  > window is VISIBLE when you select Enables / Frequency Monitor, then it
                  > will toggle the state.
                  >
                  > But it's even easier to simply right click in the window itself and
                  > uncheck Enabled.

                  > PS. If you find it so annoying, then Bob would be proud of your
                  > observed area because it means that lots of stations are transmitting
                  > their frequency information!
                  >
                  > On 6/6/2013 1:29 PM, kb8uih88 wrote:
                  >> Hi, Have another ? How do I shut off this darn frequency monitor dialogue window? Its really annoying. Thanks, Chris

                • Rob Giuliano
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jun 6, 2013
                    YES WE DO!

                    Most have the same callsign (different SSIDs most letters)

                    Robert Giuliano
                    KB8RCO

                    Chris is on the north end of my area. We have lotsa freq objects. :)

                    Randy
                    WF5X
                    On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 1:43 PM, Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) <kj4erj@...> wrote:

                    As you've no doubt discovered, selecting the Enables / Frequency Monitor
                    causes the window to display if it is enabled but not visible. If the
                    window is VISIBLE when you select Enables / Frequency Monitor, then it
                    will toggle the state.

                    But it's even easier to simply right click in the window itself and
                    uncheck Enabled.

                    PS. If you find it so annoying, then Bob would be proud of your
                    observed area because it means that lots of stations are transmitting
                    their frequency information!
                    On 6/6/2013 1:29 PM, kb8uih88 wrote: > Hi, Have another ? How do I shut off this darn frequency monitor dialogue window? Its really annoying. Thanks, Chris >
                  • kb8uih88
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jun 6, 2013
                      THANK YOU...Why won't the menu that activates it not de activate it?

                      Message 10 of 13 , Jun 6, 2013
                        When that frequency monitor window pops up it stops the action I am currently working with. The menu I had opened disappears and that frequency box takes up 1/3 of the screen. That is what was annoying. It doesn't have to be so prominent. a 2X2 box instead of 3X6 the way it is now and have it wait until the operation I have active is done to pop up. Now I have to wait till it is cleared out before I can do my function.

                        Message 11 of 13 , Jun 6, 2013
                          Right click on the Frequency Monitor window and change the Font Size to
                          a smaller number. Then close the window. The next time it opens, it
                          will be smaller.

                          Sometime I need to figure out why it dumps menus when it opens. That's a
                          bug, IMHO, and unintended.

                          Message 12 of 13 , Jun 6, 2013
                            The Enables / Frequency menu option does disable it, but only if it is
                            visible when you hit it. If you simply select it again after it is
                            made visible, it will disable the window. Call it "developer's
                            prerogative".