RE: [aprsisce] Map Data

  • Chad
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 27, 2010

      That is great, thanks for the info!

      Chad

      From: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com [mailto:aprsisce@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Lynn W. Deffenbaugh
      Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 2010 12:54 PM
      To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [aprsisce] Map Data

      APRSISCE/32 both use the Mapnik base from http://OpenStreetMap.org for
      all map tiles by default (that link will take you to their web map
      viewer). These maps are a) unencumbered, b) free and open for any use,
      and c) able to be updated by users in true Open Source style
      (http://www.openstreetmap.org/copyright). If there's a local feature
      not on the map, sign up for an account and add the data at the source!

      My long-term plans includes adding OSM editing capability to
      APRSISCE/32. However, there's many more APRS-specific features higher
      in priority on my list.