Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

digipeter and igate modes

Expand Messages
  • offroad007
    so how do i use aprsisce in digipeter mode and igate mode? what are the settings required? i now have everything working for APRS to a local repeater, that
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 22, 2013
    • 0 Attachment
      so how do i use aprsisce in digipeter mode and igate mode? what are the settings required? i now have everything working for APRS to a local repeater, that can hear me. so at least a good first step.
    • Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)
      As long as you have configured an RF port and a valid APRS-IS passcode and kept the default settings in both, APRSISCE/32 is a bi-directional IGate out of the
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 22, 2013
      • 0 Attachment
        As long as you have configured an RF port and a valid APRS-IS passcode
        and kept the default settings in both, APRSISCE/32 is a bi-directional
        IGate out of the box. It will gate all received packets from RF to -IS
        and will gate messages addressed to recently heard local stations from
        -IS to RF.

        Digipeating can be configured by editing the XML as described at
        http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/doc:digipeating paying particular attention
        to the note that says:

        > Note that <DigiXform> elements are currently only honored OUTSIDE of
        > an <RFPort> and are considered to be global in their application.

        What is the callsign-SSID of your IGate station? With that, we can
        assist with some verification of the intended operation. Checking and
        enabling the various Trace Logs can also help you see what's going on
        inside APRSISCE/32.

        Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32

        On 1/22/2013 4:55 AM, offroad007 wrote:
        > so how do i use aprsisce in digipeter mode and igate mode? what are the settings required? i now have everything working for APRS to a local repeater, that can hear me. so at least a good first step.
        >
        >
        >
        > ------------------------------------
        >
        > Yahoo! Groups Links
        >
        >
        >
        >
      • offroad007
        Lynn - its N1KCG-5 but i turned off the RF TO -IS ports to test that i was being recieved by the local aprs repeater. now that i know i am being recievd, will
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 22, 2013
        • 0 Attachment
          Lynn - its N1KCG-5 but i turned off the RF TO -IS ports to test that i was being recieved by the local aprs repeater. now that i know i am being recievd, will turn back on the ports, and see if traffic starts getting routed through my APRSIS application.

          will check out the instructions for digipeating.

          --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)" wrote:
          >
          > As long as you have configured an RF port and a valid APRS-IS passcode
          > and kept the default settings in both, APRSISCE/32 is a bi-directional
          > IGate out of the box. It will gate all received packets from RF to -IS
          > and will gate messages addressed to recently heard local stations from
          > -IS to RF.
          >
          > Digipeating can be configured by editing the XML as described at
          > http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/doc:digipeating paying particular attention
          > to the note that says:
          >
          > > Note that elements are currently only honored OUTSIDE of
          > > an and are considered to be global in their application.
          >
          > What is the callsign-SSID of your IGate station? With that, we can
          > assist with some verification of the intended operation. Checking and
          > enabling the various Trace Logs can also help you see what's going on
          > inside APRSISCE/32.
          >
          > Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32
          >
          > On 1/22/2013 4:55 AM, offroad007 wrote:
          > > so how do i use aprsisce in digipeter mode and igate mode? what are the settings required? i now have everything working for APRS to a local repeater, that can hear me. so at least a good first step.
          > >
          > >
          > >
          > > ------------------------------------
          > >
          > > Yahoo! Groups Links
          > >
          > >
          > >
          > >
          >
        • offroad007
          Lynn - I have no idea how to edit XML for digipeating. Go ahead and check my traffic on N1KCG-10 as I am letting it run for 24 hours to see what kind of
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 22, 2013
          • 0 Attachment
            Lynn - I have no idea how to edit XML for digipeating. Go ahead and check my traffic on N1KCG-10 as I am letting it run for 24 hours to see what kind of traffic gets through it.



            --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)" wrote:
            >
            > As long as you have configured an RF port and a valid APRS-IS passcode
            > and kept the default settings in both, APRSISCE/32 is a bi-directional
            > IGate out of the box. It will gate all received packets from RF to -IS
            > and will gate messages addressed to recently heard local stations from
            > -IS to RF.
            >
            > Digipeating can be configured by editing the XML as described at
            > http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/doc:digipeating paying particular attention
            > to the note that says:
            >
            > > Note that elements are currently only honored OUTSIDE of
            > > an and are considered to be global in their application.
            >
            > What is the callsign-SSID of your IGate station? With that, we can
            > assist with some verification of the intended operation. Checking and
            > enabling the various Trace Logs can also help you see what's going on
            > inside APRSISCE/32.
            >
            > Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32
            >
            > On 1/22/2013 4:55 AM, offroad007 wrote:
            > > so how do i use aprsisce in digipeter mode and igate mode? what are the settings required? i now have everything working for APRS to a local repeater, that can hear me. so at least a good first step.
            > >
            > >
            > >
            > > ------------------------------------
            > >
            > > Yahoo! Groups Links
            > >
            > >
            > >
            > >
            >
          • Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)
            If you right-click on the APRS-IS OK pane, you should see your port name at the top of that menu. Select it and you ll get a real-time display of traffic rates
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 22, 2013
            • 0 Attachment
              If you right-click on the APRS-IS OK pane, you should see your port name
              at the top of that menu. Select it and you'll get a real-time display of
              traffic rates and DX receptions. Busy Stations is also an interesting
              window to bring up.

              You can also send a ?APRSS and ?IGATE to your station and get some
              information from it. However, I just tried that and didn't get any
              answers. Do you have messaging disabled on the APRS-IS port or something?

              Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32

              On 1/22/2013 8:07 PM, offroad007 wrote:
              > Lynn - I have no idea how to edit XML for digipeating. Go ahead and check my traffic on N1KCG-10 as I am letting it run for 24 hours to see what kind of traffic gets through it.
              >
              >
              >
              > --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)" wrote:
              >> As long as you have configured an RF port and a valid APRS-IS passcode
              >> and kept the default settings in both, APRSISCE/32 is a bi-directional
              >> IGate out of the box. It will gate all received packets from RF to -IS
              >> and will gate messages addressed to recently heard local stations from
              >> -IS to RF.
              >>
              >> Digipeating can be configured by editing the XML as described at
              >> http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/doc:digipeating paying particular attention
              >> to the note that says:
              >>
              >>> Note that elements are currently only honored OUTSIDE of
              >>> an and are considered to be global in their application.
              >> What is the callsign-SSID of your IGate station? With that, we can
              >> assist with some verification of the intended operation. Checking and
              >> enabling the various Trace Logs can also help you see what's going on
              >> inside APRSISCE/32.
              >>
              >> Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32
              >>
              >> On 1/22/2013 4:55 AM, offroad007 wrote:
              >>> so how do i use aprsisce in digipeter mode and igate mode? what are the settings required? i now have everything working for APRS to a local repeater, that can hear me. so at least a good first step.
              >>>
              >>>
              >>>
              >>> ------------------------------------
              >>>
              >>> Yahoo! Groups Links
              >>>
              >>>
              >>>
              >>>
              >
              >
              >
              > ------------------------------------
              >
              > Yahoo! Groups Links
              >
              >
              >
              >
            • Greg D
              Hi Lynn, Right click? Was that a recent addition? I m running the August 30 build from last year, on my Linux box under Wine. Right clicking on the APRS-OK
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 22, 2013
              • 0 Attachment
                Hi Lynn,

                Right click? Was that a recent addition?

                I'm running the August 30 build from last year, on my Linux box under
                Wine. Right clicking on the APRS-OK line brings up a window menu to
                restore/move/resize/close a window. Hitting restore (I didn't dare try
                the others) didn't appear to do anything.

                DOUBLE clicking on that spot brought up a Port Status window. Is that
                the same thing?

                Just curious if we've got an operational difference between APRSIS32 on
                Windows vs Wine, or if my copy is just old. (I only run the General
                Availability releases on this box...)

                Greg KO6TH


                Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) wrote:
                > If you right-click on the APRS-IS OK pane, you should see your port name
                > at the top of that menu. Select it and you'll get a real-time display of
                > traffic rates and DX receptions. Busy Stations is also an interesting
                > window to bring up.
              • Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)
                You re copy is just old. I m not sure if it is in the most recent general release or not. You might want to try upgrading and see if there s more functions
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 23, 2013
                • 0 Attachment
                  You're copy is just old. I'm not sure if it is in the most recent
                  general release or not. You might want to try upgrading and see if
                  there's more functions on the right click on the APRS-IS OK pane.

                  Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32

                  On 1/23/2013 12:17 AM, Greg D wrote:
                  > Hi Lynn,
                  >
                  > Right click? Was that a recent addition?
                  >
                  > I'm running the August 30 build from last year, on my Linux box under
                  > Wine. Right clicking on the APRS-OK line brings up a window menu to
                  > restore/move/resize/close a window. Hitting restore (I didn't dare try
                  > the others) didn't appear to do anything.
                  >
                  > DOUBLE clicking on that spot brought up a Port Status window. Is that
                  > the same thing?
                  >
                  > Just curious if we've got an operational difference between APRSIS32 on
                  > Windows vs Wine, or if my copy is just old. (I only run the General
                  > Availability releases on this box...)
                  >
                  > Greg KO6TH
                  >
                  >
                  > Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) wrote:
                  >> If you right-click on the APRS-IS OK pane, you should see your port name
                  >> at the top of that menu. Select it and you'll get a real-time display of
                  >> traffic rates and DX receptions. Busy Stations is also an interesting
                  >> window to bring up.
                  >
                  > ------------------------------------
                  >
                  > Yahoo! Groups Links
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  >
                • offroad007
                  Yes I had messaging off, now turned it back on. did not realize I needed that on.
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 23, 2013
                  • 0 Attachment
                    Yes I had messaging off, now turned it back on. did not realize I needed that on.


                    --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)" wrote:
                    >

                    >
                    > You can also send a ?APRSS and ?IGATE to your station and get some
                    > information from it. However, I just tried that and didn't get any
                    > answers. Do you have messaging disabled on the APRS-IS port or something?
                    >
                    > Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32
                    >
                  • Greg D
                    Bingo! Actually, I mis-read the About screen. I was on the release from last May, and upgraded to August. Now it behaves as you describe. I went in first to
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jan 23, 2013
                    • 0 Attachment
                      Bingo!  Actually, I mis-read the About screen.  I was on the release from last May, and upgraded to August.  Now it behaves as you describe.  I went in first to verify that the Development flag was off (with the program stopped), then restarted and accepted the update.

                      Thanks,

                      Greg  KO6TH


                      Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) wrote:
                       

                      You're copy is just old. I'm not sure if it is in the most recent
                      general release or not. You might want to try upgrading and see if
                      there's more functions on the right click on the APRS-IS OK pane.

                      Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32

                      On 1/23/2013 12:17 AM, Greg D wrote:
                      > Hi Lynn,
                      >
                      > Right click? Was that a recent addition?
                      >
                      > I'm running the August 30 build from last year, on my Linux box under
                      > Wine. Right clicking on the APRS-OK line brings up a window menu to
                      > restore/move/resize/close a window. Hitting restore (I didn't dare try
                      > the others) didn't appear to do anything.
                      >
                      > DOUBLE clicking on that spot brought up a Port Status window. Is that
                      > the same thing?
                      >
                      > Just curious if we've got an operational difference between APRSIS32 on
                      > Windows vs Wine, or if my copy is just old. (I only run the General
                      > Availability releases on this box...)
                      >
                      > Greg KO6TH
                      >
                      >
                      > Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr) wrote:
                      >> If you right-click on the APRS-IS OK pane, you should see your port name
                      >> at the top of that menu. Select it and you'll get a real-time display of
                      >> traffic rates and DX receptions. Busy Stations is also an interesting
                      >> window to bring up.
                      >
                      > ------------------------------------
                      >
                      > Yahoo! Groups Links
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      >

                    Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.