RE: [aprsisce] OT BBC Radio 3 programme

    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 19, 2013

      Lynn has checked and it works, at least for him. you get a bit of the previous programme to start.

      Available until the 26th

      So issues of it not working are down to software I guess.

      It is very much worth a listen

      http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01pyfhm/Between_the_Ears_Space_Ham/

      Steve Daniels

      Amateur Radio Callsign G6UIM

      Torbay Freecycle  Owner

      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 19, 2013
        That was a really good listen!  Thanks for the link Steve.  I was concerned at the start because it was "on hold" music.  But at the end of that piece, the announcer came on and said it was time to start "Between the Ears", and all was good.

        I know my thrill at first copying APRS from the ISS, and hearing my first digipeat off the ISS.  Eavesdropping on ISS school contacts is always fun, when they happen to be in one of my passes.  I can only image listening to the suit-to-suit on the moon, and/or hearing the first ever satellite going beep-beep-beep.

        And speaking of space operations, I got an e-mail that the ISS Plasma Shadow Beacon experiment is going to happen again in two weeks (Feb 1-3).  See http://knts.tsniimash.ru/Shadow/en/Default.aspx for details.  But since this uses UISS (at least at the master transmitting station), let's take discussion of it over to the APRSIS32cafe.

        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 19, 2013
          > let's take discussion of it over to the APRSIS32cafe.

          think I got some posts from the "cafe" early on. Have not seen any recently. Is it a separate group, or has it just been quiet lately? Some of those were fun, even though not directly related to APRSIS32

          73  Ron, KC8SFQ
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 19, 2013
            A different, but parallel, group:  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/APRSIS32cafe/

            On 1/19/2013 9:37 PM, kc8sfq@... wrote:
            > let's take discussion of it over to the APRSIS32cafe.

            I think I got some posts from the "cafe" early on. Have not seen any recently. Is it a separate group, or has it just been quiet lately? Some of those were fun, even though not directly related to APRSIS32

            73  Ron, KC8SFQ

          • Ron N9SZV
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 20, 2013
              I just went over there to the other group and asked to join Lynn and waiting to be approved.

              Ron N9SZV

              --- In aprsisce@yahoogroups.com, "Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)" wrote:

              > A different, but parallel, group:

              > On 1/19/2013 9:37 PM, kc8sfq@... wrote:
              > >

              > > > let's take discussion of it over to the APRSIS32cafe.
              > >
              > > I think I got some posts from the "cafe" early on. Have not seen any
              > > recently. Is it a separate group, or has it just been quiet lately?
              > > Some of those were fun, even though not directly related to APRSIS32
              > >
              > > 73 Ron, KC8SFQ

            • kc8sfq
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 20, 2013
                Cool, Thanks. I'm on my way there.