Re: [aprsisce] Fliters for Firenet

  • KEITH BOYER
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 17 10:56 AM

      Very much appreciated for the info. :-)

      Keith Boyer from Android

      On Jan 17, 2013 1:53 PM, "Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)" <kj4erj@...> wrote:

      -b/METAR-2 or -u/APFMET
      (Wiki fodder ahead)

      There are numerous ways to get rid of firenet stuff.  But each one works in a slightly different fashion, so you need to choose the one most applicable to your needs.

      -b/METAR-2 = Block all packets originated from METAR-2

      -u/APFMET = Block all packets with a toCall of APFMET

      -e/METAR-2 or -e/METAR* = Block all packets entering the APRS-IS from METAR-2 or any METAR station

      -o/MTR* = Block all objects that start with MTR

      Note that -b/MTR* won't work because the water meters are objects owned by METAR2, not stations that start with MTR.

      -s/w = Block all stations using w in the primary symbol table (Water Stn)

      So, what exactly did you want to get rid of?

      If you're interested in seeing what these various filters would eliminate, just do a Control-G for a filter test and enter the positive (drop the leading dash) form of the filter and then watch the contents of the Filter Test trace log.  Of course, you need to do this BEFORE adding the negated element to your Configure / General / Add Filter string!

      On 1/17/2013 1:34 PM, Albert Furlow wrote:

      I would like to stop seeing the water stations from showing on the map, that I get via the internet, Firenet.

      Can anyone show my the path of enlightenment on how to use the fliter?

      AL KA1FFO

    • Adam Mahnke
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 17 12:26 PM
        Thanks for doing the more complete full answer Lynn, was on my phone and had a quick answer.

        Al,
        Also refer to

        http://www.aprs-is.net/javAPRSFilter.aspx

        and there are several messages on the yahoo group about filters (me asking, others educating)

        The Control+G is a great tool for this, I advocate using it as much as you can.

        Adam
        KC2ANT

        To: aprsisce@yahoogroups.com
        From: kj4erj@...
        Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 13:55:14 -0500
        Subject: Re: [aprsisce] Fliters for Firenet

        (Oops, that first part wasn't supposed to be there!  I pasted it in as notes before building up the remainder of the message from various earlier posts on the subject to the group!)

[...]

      • Albert Furlow
        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 17 1:10 PM

          WILCO.. TNXS

          AL KA1FFO

          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 21 7:01 PM
            On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 11:53 AM, Lynn W Deffenbaugh (Mr)
            <kj4erj@...> wrote:

            > -b/METAR-2 or -u/APFMET
            >
            > (Wiki fodder ahead)
            >
            > There are numerous ways to get rid of firenet stuff. But each one works
            > in a slightly different fashion, so you need to choose the one most
            > applicable to your needs.

            Fodder wikified...

            http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/aprs-is-filters

            I added the APRS-IS filters to the wiki, sorted in alphabetical order,
            and then put some examples in a table below the filter descriptions.
            There's lots of room to be able to add more description to the ones
            that don't make as much sense.

            It's hard to determine which ones need more description once you know
            the how and why behind what they do.

            If you see any that need more description, ask and we'll try to answer
            then put that answer in the wiki.

            If you have filter question to try and filter something specific, we
            can try and figure it out, and then post it in the wiki for others to
            use as desired.