tinytrak4 and APRSISCE

  • catjal2000
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 12, 2013
      has anybody used a tinytrak4 connect to a PDA (ipaq h4350)
      if so how did you connect the PDA to tinytrak4, could i
      use a bluetooth serial adaptor
      talmadge huckabee wb4kdy
    • Rob Giuliano
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 12, 2013
        I have used the TT4 through a Bluetooth device., but not to an ipaq.

        > Device (ipaq) needs to be able to run bluetooth serial port
        > Attach a bluetooth adaptor (like RN42) to port-A of the TT4
            I use a Sparkfun WRL-10393 (Bluetooth Mate Silver)
        > Make sure the port settings are correct for all devices
           Bad, parity, etc.
        > pair up the adaptor to the ipaq bluetooth

        NOTE: I added a momentary switch on the TT4 reset line (micro pin 9 to ground) so that the TT4 can be reset without cycling power.  This allows the unit to get into the mode were settings can be changed.

        Robert Giuliano
        KB8RCO

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 13, 2013
          ok i will try it thanks
          talmadge huckabee wb4kdy

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 13, 2013
            what mode is the TT4 port A ( bluetooth) set to TEXT?

            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 13, 2013
              For a serial connection (Bluetooth or direct) to a TT4, the preferred setting in the TT4 is KISS with a Simply(KISS) port in APRSISCE/32.

              See also: http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/tt4-via-kiss