RE: [aprsisce] Re: APRSIS32 Passcode

    Message 1 of 23 , Jan 8, 2013

      I just checked and the yahoo file sent on joining is incorrect and asks people to request a passcode on the main group. I had not spotted that before Will change it now.

      Steve Daniels

      Amateur Radio Callsign G6UIM

      Torbay Freecycle  Owner

      Message 2 of 23 , Jan 8, 2013
        On 1/8/2013 2:40 PM, James Ewen wrote:
        > It's pretty obvious due to the number of people sending requests here
        > that the current process isn't being understood.

        Actually, I wouldn't go that far. We field quite a number of passcode
        requests that come in via the preferred route with nary a mention in the
        group. The current system IS working. It's just not working 100%.

        Message 3 of 23 , Jan 8, 2013
          On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 1:02 PM, Steve Daniels
          <steve@...> wrote:

          > I just checked and the yahoo file sent on joining is incorrect and asks
          > people to request a passcode on the main group. I had not spotted that
          > before Will change it now.

          Aha, now we know the source of the issue! More floggings to ensue! 8)

          Message 4 of 23 , Jan 8, 2013

            Might well be the issue James it’s been that way a long time I would think. Now change to the correct email address and a link to the passcode page on the wiki added.

            It’s a plain text file so I don’t think I can make the text Bold sadly

            Message 5 of 23 , Jan 8, 2013
              On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 1:18 PM, Steve Daniels
              <steve@...> wrote:

              > Might well be the issue James it’s been that way a long time I would
              > think. Now change to the correct email address and a link to the passcode
              > page on the wiki added.

              Hey, my rant got something happening. Interesting that no one
              previously had mentioned that the welcome message said to ask here...
              I haven't signed up to the group for an awful long time otherwise I
              would have mentioned it!

              > It’s a plain text file so I don’t think I can make the text Bold sadly

              I figured out how to get blinky text in the wiki! Quit using excuses! 8)

            • Roger Elmore
              Message 6 of 23 , Jan 8, 2013

                Invite them in so James can whack them with a hammer.

                Reminds me of a movie I saw.  <g>

                --

                Roger  KJ4AJP

                Message 7 of 23 , Jan 8, 2013

                  I had edited the file recently and just did not spot it, your mention made me double check.

                  Will have to put something in there to give James something to do nowJ

                  Will see if I can get some bold text or something in the file

                  Message 8 of 23 , Jan 8, 2013
                    Wouldn't hurt to try the old fashion <b> </b> HTML style.  Even if it doesn't actually come out bold, it will catch their attention.  Many may even understand the intent.

                    DOWNSIDE -> if the HTML is rejected, it may not send anything.
                                               a test of this would definitely be needed before implementation.

                    Robert Giuliano
                    KB8RCO

                    Message 9 of 23 , Jan 8, 2013

                      Well it’s a text file it would really depend on the email client, would have to try it out