Re: Config Options

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 23, 2010
      We had a momentary power glitch that pointed out that the battery in my
      firewall's UPS was dead, so I was off the Internet for a bit. I'm back
      up now. One nice thing about APRSISCE/32 though is that it will enter a
      second retry set when/if a new beacon is received from the message
      recipient station. So, when I just got back online, I received your
      message.

      Yes, if your GPS is wandering around a lot, it can trigger lots of
      beacons. There's two ways to beat this. 1) Set Configure / Genius /
      Min Time to something more than the default of 10 or 15 seconds or 2)
      Configure / Genius / Heading Change to 180 degrees or more. I prefer
      the latter as the Forecast Error () still gives you decent beaconing
      when you actually are mobile.